Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cost Comparisons with NetJets

Sebastian_G wrote:

I talked about that jet take off with a local instructor from Courchevel and he told me that it was a one off and the pilot apparently got into some trouble from the authorities later on and the airport no longer takes jets.

Heard exactly the same. One off by a pilot from… oh wait, shouldn’t do that.

LPFR, Poland

Sebastian_G wrote:

it is no longer a practical form of transportation when you take off with crew and minimum fuel sufficient for a short VFR flight to the next bigger airport only.

Hello Sebastian,

is the Meridian so restricted? What kind of runway do you need for it to make sense? Zell am See is 660 m if I understand it correctly.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

is the Meridian so restricted? What kind of runway do you need for it to make sense? Zell am See is 660 m if I understand it correctly.

Obiously mission profiles and safety margins are personal but in my opinion anything shorter than maybe 800m in the Meridian needs some carefull planing and depending on conditions you might have to limit the load. To give a few examples:
- In LOKL 620m with displaced thresholds so officially 560m at 2000ft elevation density altitue maybe 4000ft with no wind with 2 crew and a bit over 1 hour of fuel it will roll maybe 400-450m but I would not be comfortable adding much more load.
- LOWL 660m with the old runway density altitude maybe 4000ft I would not add much more load than above. Since they extended the runway to 750m (with displaced thresholds) we had 2 crew and 800lbs of fuel (a it over 3 hours fuel) and it was comfortable, maybe 550m ground roll. It would get out of there at MTOW but I would not be comfortable doing this.
- Around 900m you can fully load it and not worry too much unless the density altitude is really high.

The climb out over obstacles is no problem. Once it flies no matter which speed it keeps accelerating in the climb. The POH is of no great help as it does not reduce the rotation speed based on weight and thus gives rather long ground rolls at reduced loads.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message