Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

1 month - what would you do?

I had a 3 month sabattical after finishing my contract in Houston. I filled this by flying my Cessna 140 all across the USA – first went to the west coast, came back to Houston, did my 50 hr maintenance, then went out to the east coast (including visiting First Flight). The majority of it was done navigating the ‘traditional’ way too, and many times I just camped by the plane when I stopped for the night. (Although I did stop in hotels, too – sometimes you need a nice bed and hot shower!!)

Last Edited by alioth at 13 May 08:34
Andreas IOM

1 month is not really much. With family the easy way, spend the time with them and decide together what fits all the best. Real adventures start at 3 month.

Germany

Nobody here would rent a plane for a month.

I’d probably head to the states and fly around there. If unable for whatever reason, I’d fly ad hoc trips from here depending on the weather.

LFOU, France

Interesting to observe that a large % of people would not go flying

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My excuse is a newborn.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@alioth this is exactly what I intend to do at some point.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

The AIPM (Italian Mountain Pilot Assoc) is organising a ‘raid’ to strips in Sardegna, this could be followed up with pootling to Belluno (spiritual home of the AIPM), Slovenia and Austria.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Noe, I guess the right split as per POH is 21 days on Mogas and 9 days on Avgas, destination could be anywhere north or south

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Fly around Europe with the C172 and a tent.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Peter wrote:

Interesting to observe that a large % of people would not go flying

I thought exactly the same thing….

Caba wrote:

This!

In summer!

Can you rent a plane for that long to do this in the US?

Last Edited by TimR at 14 May 13:05
EGSX
Sign in to add your message