Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance and VAT and insurance premium tax

@C210_Flyer – have you gotten any feedback that you can share with us?

Last Edited by tmo at 19 Jul 19:46
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Actually I have. It seems that not all insurance companies apply the VAT rule. So I got a legit company through a legit broker to give me a quote. Which is a bit more than I was paying the last one without the VAT applied.

There is another work around that is also possible but I would have to tell you in private. It is not illegal but more effort and since I got a good quote I’ll stay with that. Having spent 550 Euros last year really aggravates me because I was not informed about the increase as only a tax.

KHTO, LHTL

My insurance renewal (OY plane with BetaAviation) was 160EUR less than last year.. No VAT.

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

My insurance renewal (OY plane with BetaAviation) was 160EUR less than last year.. No VAT.

Thanks do you know the name of the Insurance company (not the broker)?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Thanks do you know the name of the Insurance company (not the broker)?

Thats what they say:
Your insurance contract is wholly placed with Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A. in Brussels, Belgium, and is split between AmTrust at Lloyd’s, Syndicate 1861 (50.00%) and Travelers Syndicate Management, Syndicate 5000 (50.00%).

EETU, Estonia

The Broker did mention Belgium so that must be: Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A. in Brussels then why is one broker in Germany charging VAT and the other in a different country not? Does it have to do with the location of the broker as opposed to the insurance company?

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

The Broker did mention Belgium so that must be: Lloyd’s Insurance Company S.A. in Brussels

Another popular Belgium-based insurer is Aviabel

Last Edited by lionel at 22 Jul 08:28
ELLX

Actually that is a company that gave a quote as well.

KHTO, LHTL
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message