Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vinci threatening flying club at Nantes

I signed too.

Jean
EBST, Belgium

The club seems to still exist, so this must have been resolved somehow. Anyone has information on the dénouement?

ELLX

The club exists following a hard fight. It was complicated because Nantes airport was supposed to be relocating further north. That has been cancelled at the moment thanks to strong local opposition in areas most affected.
Da Vinci might well have the ear of politicians but it needs the will of the people to succeed.

France

Concretely:

1. Do they have rent-free space as they had before and as mentioned in the contract between Vinci and the State/Region/…, or do they now pay a symbolic/reduced/normal rent?
  2. Was the A320 parking that Vinci wanted to create and would hinder aéroclub operations just abandoned, done at another place, was an operational agreement reached so that the parking exists but does not impact aéroclub operations anymore, …?
ELLX

I wouldn’t know the answer to those questions as I don’t bump into members of the club that often. They still have 6 aircraft AFAIK and the clubhouse and bar is still there. IIUC they are applying to become an ATO rather than a DTO. What difference that will make I don’t know.

France

gallois wrote:

IIUC they are applying to become an ATO rather than a DTO. What difference that will make I don’t know.

Apart from their capabilities as an ATO vs DTO I’d think that as an ATO they might have a slight bit more clout with the stakeholders at NTS as ATO’s are generally regarded to be “professional” organisations vs DTO’s which are considered to be amateur schools. I consider that a well thought through and reasonable move.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message