Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A Customs and Immigration / GENDEC / GAR PNR aggregator site for Belgium

Many thanks for your post Airways. Totally informative.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is the official GENDEC site https://www.police.be/bordercontrol/en/general-declaration

That’s the link I got from Belgium police when I sent e-mail with GENDEC attached to the address from AIP. After submitting I got PDF with my data, generated by the service and digitally signed.

It’s practically as same as UK online GAR which I also used today. The main difference is process behind – in case of Belgium you can land only at the airport with immigration and you have to present the documents to border police while in case of UK you have to show documents if they show up.

Last Edited by Emir at 23 Oct 19:08
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I’ve just done this website. It is horrible horrible utterly horrible and one of the worst bits of web design ever.

And you have to do it for all non schengen flight to/from Belgium even if the airport’s AIP says no immigration or customs PNR/PPR is required.

The PDF you get by email is funny:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I’ve just done this website. It is horrible horrible utterly horrible and one of the worst bits of web design ever.

Peter, I any many others have told them that and immigration are also pulling their hair our over it.

I was told by immigration to only fill in the bits with the * next to it, that makes it a lot easier.

I was also told that from the 8th November it is mandatory to send it.

Emir wrote:

This is the official GENDEC site https://www.police.be/bordercontrol/en/general-declaration
It’s practically as same as UK online GAR which I also used today. The main difference is process behind – in case of Belgium you can land only at the airport with immigration and you have to present the documents to border police while in case of UK you have to show documents if they show up.

So you have to go to a Customs/immigration airport and they have to be there to see your documents anyway…so what is the point of the GenDec???

Regards; SD..

skydriller wrote:

So you have to go to a Customs/immigration airport and they have to be there to see your documents anyway…so what is the point of the GenDec???

To announce your arrival and to let them prepare to greet you

This is the mail I got from them:

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The explanation I have been given for this is that Magritte comes from Belgium. Of course, being an uncultured East European I had to google on it

Mankind has an unlimited capacity for inventing procedures which serve no useful purpose.

This could be worse. Belgium might sign up to MyHandling.

I am heading over there tomorrow so if I don’t reappear it means the process failed and I got arrested

Administrator

I don’t think now you can just turn up out of the blue and go to Ostend
Here is the scenario: you arrive late a typical SE airfield, you check aircraft movements and you see 20 lines of “to LFAT”, what to do?

Not applicable to tomorrow tough, I guarantee you will have a whole blank page for you

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well, while you are there you could ask them about their new system – politely of course…

Regards, SD..

PS – Thanks for the PM!!

I went to Kortrijk EGKT today and was met by the nicest / most polite police force I have ever come across!

Apparently this GAR site has been on trial for some time and went official only 2 days ago. It sounded like I was one of the very few who used it and they were very interested where I heard about it. So, naturally, I told them about EuroGA

They are aware it needs improvement in the IT department.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message