Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to dangerous places

This map shows the risky areas around the world.

Interesting that most of Europe is not really low risk. Notably Norway, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland and Slovenia are the lowest – I’d say predictably so (minimal immigration related social problems).

This map is slightly different.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The danger is already general knowledge. Robbery, murder,. knife attacks and rape have increased dramatically since 2015 not only in Germany.
There is a travel advisory by the US:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/germany-travel-advisory.html

Berlin, Germany

Do you have a map for flying permits

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

highflyer wrote:

Robbery, murder,. knife attacks and rape have increased dramatically since 2015 not only in Germany.

The very document you point to actually says (my bold):

Crime Threats

There is minimal risk from crime in Munich. Crime rates throughout Germany are comparable to those in most of the West; comparative analysis of crime data for the U.S. and Germany reveals only marginal differences. The German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation (Bundeskriminalamt, or BKA) 2017 Police Crime Statistics for Germany indicated a large reduction in the number of recorded offenses, with a fall of 9.6% overall. However, when discounting the “Aliens Act-related” crimes (which saw a 21.1% increase in 2016), a smaller fall of 5.1% in overall recorded offenses was registered. Regardless, reported crime is at its lowest level in over 20 years. Small decreases occurred in violent crime categories (2.4%), with murder and attempted murder falling by 1.6%, bodily injury by 2.8%, and serious bodily injury by 2.1%. Robbery reports fell by a large amount (9.7%), and other significant decreases occurred in overall thefts (11.8%), domestic burglaries (23%), and shoplifting (6.6%). Authorities documented significant increases in economic crime (28.7%), drug offenses (9.2%), and weapons offenses (10.3%). Rapes, sexual coercion and sexual attacks increased by 30, attributed partially to the strengthening of laws concerning sexual crimes in response to the sexual assaults in Cologne and other cities during the New Year period of 2015/16. The stricter laws came into force at the beginning of 2017.
EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter wrote:

Interesting that most of Europe is not really low risk. Notably Norway, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland and Slovenia are the lowest – I’d say predictably so (minimal immigration related social problems).

It all depends on how you define “low”. The legend of the map says that most of Europe has “low” risk, while the countries you mention have “insignificant” risk.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Another thing, more of a GA context, is that a traveller is subject to different risks to a resident.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

The very document you point to actually says (my bold):

They must have misinterpreted something. According to the german criminal statistic it is different as one can read in the german “Welt”.
While the total numbers of crimes can be decreasing there is an increase in the number of crimes perpetrated by foreigners.
Unfortunately I can only find the German version.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article191584235/BKA-Lagebild-Gewalt-von-Zuwanderern-gegen-Deutsche-nimmt-zu.html

An excerpt:
Die vom Bundeskriminalamt präsentierten Fallkonstellationen zeigen ein düsteres Bild: „Im Bereich Mord, Totschlag, Tötung auf Verlangen fielen 230 Deutsche einer Straftat zum Opfer, an der mindestens ein tatverdächtiger Zuwanderer beteiligt war“, heißt es im Lagebild. Dies sei ein Anstieg von 105 Prozent im Vergleich zu 2017 (112) gewesen. „Davon wurden 102 Personen Opfer einer vollendeten Tat“, heißt es.
Auch in dem weiteren Deliktfeld, zu dem das Kriminalamt die Opfer-Täter-Konstellation erhebt, gab es einen deutlichen Anstieg. „Im Bereich der Straftaten gegen die sexuelle Selbstbestimmung wurden 3261 Deutsche Opfer einer Straftat mit mindestens einem tatverdächtigen Zuwanderer und somit 21 Prozent mehr als noch im Vorjahr (2017: 2706)“, heißt es im Lagebericht.

It means an increase of 105 percent in the numbers of crimes committed by immigrants against germans and an increase of 21 percent in sex offenses in 2017.

Berlin, Germany

So, overall crime rates down, but because some of the (reducing number of) crimes are perpetrated by people not born German, they are somehow worse or more dangerous?

EGKB Biggin Hill

… and of course, these relative statistics confuse correlation with causation.

Around half of all violent crime is perpetrated by men below 30, and crime is more prevalent in the poorer strata of society.

And since the refugee / immigrant population is younger and more male than the average and not very rich, that alone would suggest a higher crime rate.

Last Edited by Cobalt at 19 Nov 17:24
Biggin Hill

highflyer wrote:

There is a travel advisory by the US:

I wonder what would be their travel advisory for the US by the US. It definitely feels to me like a more dangerous place than Germany (mostly due to perverse side effects of 2nd amendment).

I generally don’t care much about these anyway, and just avoid zones that are obviously very high risk. Living in fear is a sad thing

Last Edited by Noe at 19 Nov 17:30
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message