Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I took the Pre-departure Antigen test from Chromatics. Slight hiccup when I must have clicked the wrong button when trying to upload the photo of the result. Quite fiddly to figure out the workaround, but as above I received an email confirmation by return.

The Day 2 test from Randox was a bit more involved – much more data to be submitted such as NHS number. Quite an easy to use website. The test can be conducted anytime after arrival – same day, next day or Day 2. The drop off box was fairly bland design hence had a sign asking people not to use it as a litter bin.

Completing the Uk personal locator form was harder than last time – I was unable to scan my vaccination certificate. I’ve heard others have had this problem.

Nobody inspected us on arrival so no check of the Pre-departure test result.

It will be easier when just the post arrival antigen required but I fear it will be pretty much a complete waste of time and money for double vaxxed travellers.

Last Edited by DavidC at 24 Sep 22:12
FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

The UK still wants the Day 2 PCR test for returning people but it seems clear nobody cares about them anymore.

One recent test (Expert Medicals; one of the crooks presumably) never returned a result and nobody questioned it. It looks like the Indian call centre stuff has been shut down.

So flights abroad are basically easy now if you are 2x vacced. The UK vacc certificate is recognised everywhere on the mainland AFAICT (Croatia wants a test also, as reported above)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

DavidC wrote:

I was unable to scan my vaccination certificate.

You can skip that just by clicking the NO box and go on to the next page

@Peter,

I might be missing something, but you appear to be flippantly suggesting that the rules arent enforced in the UK now so you dont have to abide by them… Id hate for one of our fellow fliers from aboard to get into trouble by ignoring UK law.

The Traffic Light system is still in place for the UK until October 4th. Even after that thre is a Red List. There are UK red-list countries in Europe, I know, because Im in one, which if I went to the UK from here would mean a mandatory Hotel quarantine even if vaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus Government site – scroll down to International Travel & click

Regards, SD..

Sorry – I ignored the red countries.

But are red countries relevant to GA? Red list. I struggle to find any.

And yes you are right about 4th October. My point is that if you buy a test from one of the criminals (the majority of test vendors under £100, IMHO) you won’t get the result back for ages and possibly never, yet nobody seems to follow this up which suggests the 4th Oct date has been de facto implemented already. For your own “citizen responsibility” you can do your own rapid tests – as I have done a number of times, especially on returning from a trip – which are free and plentiful.

Administrator

Norway, not only has stopped all internal restrictions, but also seems to no longer require testing on entry even from (at least some) orange countries!

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/topics/koronavirus-covid-19/travel-to-norway/id2791503/
“Travellers from green and orange countries and areas will no longer be subject to a duty to take a test at the border, but travellers coming from areas that trigger a duty to quarantine will continue to be required to take a test unless they have recovered from COVID-19 or are fully vaccinated. They must be able to document this using a verifiable COVID-19 certificate that is connected to the EUDCC gateway. However, the requirement to take a test 24 hours before arrival in Norway will be lifted for all travellers. "

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/changes-to-entry-restrictions-for-several-countries-and-areas4/id2872566/

“Countries in Europe
The following countries will remain green and not require travel quarantine:
Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary.
The duty to complete travel quarantine will be lifted for the following orange countries (same requirements for green and orange countries):
France (changed from red), Italy, Iceland (changed from red), Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco (changed from red), the Netherlands (changed from red), Portugal (changed from red), San Marino, Slovakia, and Vatican City.”

Also, reading elsewhere, looks like the other nordic countries (DK and SE) allow free movement to/from Norway.

Wonder if @LeSving knows more?

EHLE, Netherlands

Le Touquet LFAT today:

Police checking vacc certificates – printouts, with a QR code scanner. Also getting one to sign a bit of paper saying one will keep away from people (basically) if not feeling well; not sure what good that will do, with most people

Restaurants checking vacc certificates – a very quick visual check – if eating indoors.

The police didn’t turn up at Shoreham today, which was astonishing.

Administrator

Leaving LFAT yesterday some people were having trouble with the douane. That morning they had flown from the UK to Le Touquet (not going indoors), flown to one of the Paris airports, then flown back to Le Touquet before returning to the UK. The trouble is that in the afternoon they didn’t have entry stamps in their passports, or a reason why they hadn’t gone through passport control in the morning, and the douaniers weren’t happy.
I don’t know how it ended, but it would be a good idea to try to get your passport stamped both ways.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Actually UK/France were expected to bilaterally stamp passports on both sides starting this October (it was on the pipeline since July), also you can’t travel to UK with EU ID card as well as now passports are mandatory for both sides (there is a narrow exemption for those who granted lifetime grandfathered UK/EU rights under Article50), not sure about other countries? actually no one can explain to me when a passport needs to get stamped but I know neither UK/France can stamp my ID card

My understanding this will disappear in one year with electronic systems in place…

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Oct 20:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The French police at LFAT stamp UK passports 100%, but of course UK police don’t (at GA airfields) and never will because they

• turn up somewhat randomly
  • don’t carry stamps with them

Actually UK/France were expected to bilaterally stamp passports on both sides starting this October

I can’t see how that could work, given the above

Administrator
Sign in to add your message