Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I am very disappointed with AOPA UK, they should be following the line of the RYA. The guidance is clear, flying with your family should be allowed as it has no effect on Covid19.

BTW – The latest Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) from Stanford University and California University is 0.1 to 0.2 Percent – about the same as Flu. The Germans released a similar IFR rate a couple of days ago.

United Kingdom

In Scotland I understand sunbathing is still banned, and taking Vit D capsules is recommended. I can go out for an unlimited time, as long as I don’t sunbathe, or travel far by car.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

In Scotland I understand sunbathing is still banned,

Sunbathing….in Scotland…

Which afternoon in the year did you have in mind…

Last Edited by skydriller at 11 May 21:30

Black and White guidance is a necessity.

Not going to happen. The words “reasonable” and “reasonably” appear in British Acts of Parliament affecting everything from our right to bear arms to workplace safety. The British police, who are servants of the Sovereign (not the Government) know perfectly well how to navigate such nuances. They swear to do so with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality.

If flying solo or with household members continues to be not allowed

It has never been prohibited, although there was a pathetic threat by the UK CAA to ban VFR flights.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Sunbathing….in Scotland…

Well, there was sunshine in Ayrshire last week, so yes, it is theoretically possible.

What about swimming? Can you go swimming in Loch Doon?

It depends. Wild swimming is not prohibited per se, so one would just need a reasonable excuse.

For some unfathomable reason cycling seems to be actively encouraged, so perhaps a pair of skin-tight lycra shorts on a traditionally-built Ayrshire backside would cause the rozzers to turn a blind eye.

Airspace is reopened in Belgium since yesterday May 11.
VFR and IFR for commercial B2B flights and VFR only out of CAS and no landing elsewhere than home airfield for private light aircraft flights.
We can only fly solo or with a passenger member of your family and living in the same home as you.
At EBST we must book 24h PPR and the procedures are quite heavy, but at least we can fly :-)

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jersey_Flyer wrote:

I am very disappointed with AOPA UK, they should be following the line of the RYA. The guidance is clear, flying with your family should be allowed as it has no effect on Covid19.
They should, the RYA seem to have been very sensible and pro yachting (as they should be). I’ve no confidence in AOPA at all. My very limited interaction was to ask about the GA airfield of the year EGNC and how the hell it got that award despite being shut to GA for most of that year. The response I got was totally pitiful, and basically summed up to. We know it’s bad and hasnt done well. But giving them an award will encourage them to do better.

kwlf wrote:

Can you go swimming in Loch Doon?

LOL!

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message