Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

hmng wrote:

Can you read that much into preparing for a bigger number of deaths given all the panic

The concept of people (or undertakers) panic-buying urns and coffins is actually almost funny… and more likely than them being for actual deaths.

Biggin Hill

While I am sure China has been fiddling the data, I am equally sure that the (numerous) stories about the number of urns, number of cancelled phone accounts (21 million!) etc, are mostly bogus. There is no shortage of such articles in the press.

It’s all going to come out in the wash, as they say, when this is all over – for those of us who are still around.

Just heard of an aquaintance who is seriously ill in hospital in London, and just walked past a group of youngsters who couldn’t care less. The distance between the latter and the former is about 3 weeks.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cobalt wrote:

Let’s take one example – Lombardy

Its LOMBARDI actually.

Cobalt wrote:

I hope I am staying within the guidelines if I say that your assertion that there are no excessive deaths due to Covid-19 is so wrong as to be silly.

My view is that it is you who are being silly.

Cobalt wrote:

I am afraid you are in denial, you are behaving like somebody who is falling past the 45th floor after jumping off a 50 floor building and saying “so far, so good, why worry, I don’t need a parachute”

That is your view. Others take an entirely differing viewpoint based on FACT. The problem is that this particular thread on this particular forum is populated by believers, whilst there is another quite legitimate viewpoint that all is not as it seems. The non believers tend to be trivialised.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Cobalt wrote:

I hope I am staying within the guidelines if I say that your assertion that there are no excessive deaths due to Covid-19 is so wrong as to be silly.

I don’t take it as any kind of personal attack, it’s your opinion, and you are giving it because I asked. No worries and thanks!

EHLE, Netherlands

hmng wrote:

I don’t take it as any kind of personal attack, it’s your opinion, and you are giving it because I asked. No worries and thanks!

Excellent and very fair viewpoint IMO.

EGPF Glasgow

Carissimi, se chiama Lombardía

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

BeechBaby wrote:

That is your view. Others take an entirely differing viewpoint based on FACT. The problem is that this particular thread on this particular forum is populated by believers, whilst there is another quite legitimate viewpoint that all is not as it seems. The non believers tend to be trivialised.

There is no serious discussion to be had wheter or not this pandemic is taking place right now. It is. The facts are overwhelming. Denying this is not a legitimate viewpoint, it is peddling to conspiracy theories and “alternative facts”. This has nothing to do with “believers” or not.

What is perfectly legitimate is to discuss wheter the measures taken in response to the pandemic are appropriate, or whether they are unnecessarily harsh or perhaps still insufficiently strong. Maybe even both (too harsh in some areas, not strong enough in others).

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

@robert grazie mille Robert ma credo che potremmo essere qui tutta la notte

EGPF Glasgow

SI chiama Lombardia
STARE qui tutta la notte .
Sadly I have a lot of free time lately and nowhere to go

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Peter wrote:

This is a nice visualisation. Different axes, and time is presented via animation. A pity they don’t appear to have recent data

Here is a quick script with recent data March 28, 2020 (11:45, London time) on top 10 countries
Does not say much from what you know but with 5-10 days moving averages, Italy seems to have some hope

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-source-data
https://hub.gke.mybinder.org/user/jupyterlab-jupyterlab-demo-l786wl3z/lab/tree/demo/COVID19.ipynb

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Mar 18:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message