Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

The data here show the % of population tested and the % of positive tests for countries and cluster regions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_testing

Plotting % of tested population and % of positive show the obvious selection bias of testing mainly positive patients but some countries are just testing everyone, so they tend to produce more reliable numbers of % of infected population, the benchmark example is Iceland for which 0.3% of population infected with 40k in 1m tested, if we predict a correction of % of infected using % of tested and the compare these values on similar testing level we get can get clear picture on % of population infected conditional to say 5% of population being tested (e.g. Iceland)

It seems most of the countries/regions are actually in0.5% to 2% infected population,

If that is true then NYC has probably the same % of infection as Lombardy ! the real question is why so many deaths in Italy is still puzzling? next two weeks will be really revealing…also Japan/Tokyo are not off the hook as one would expect (low level of testing)

Note that this is really conservative, Iceland tested 5% of it’s “isolated population” and they are already around 0.3% infected, who really go to Iceland?

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Mar 14:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Lies, propaganda, rubbish???
Discuss…perhaps @estaban could comment

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CoHqg_1585433922

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Can we please come back to the govt world domination permanent civil liberties curtailment theory in say 2 weeks’ time, when there will be more data?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Event 201 Pandemic Exercise: Segment 3, Finance Discussion
Center for Health Security—John Hopkins University.
Published to Youtube on 4 Nov 2019. 38 minutes long.

London, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Can we please come back to the govt world domination permanent civil liberties curtailment theory in say 2 weeks’ time, when there will be more data?

Bezos, Mr Amazon, dumped his own stock in February. Then bought it all back. Now Peter, why would he do that?

Happening now I am afraid, not in two weeks time.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/27/jeff-bezos-sold-34bn-of-amazon-stock-just-before-covid-19-collapse

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 29 Mar 15:24
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Lies, propaganda, rubbish???
Discuss…perhaps @estaban could comment

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CoHqg_1585433922

I have no first hand sources, so I can’t give you a definitive answer.

We have only circumstantial evidence.
The daily reported deaths in Spain are approaching Italy’s.
Lombardy’s hospitals have been reported to be overwhelmed, it would be surprise if Madrid’s weren’t.
The situation in Madrid and especially its nursing homes is reportedly dire, e.g. https://truthout.org/video/madrids-ice-rink-turned-into-morgue-as-spain-leads-world-in-covid-19-deaths/
Multiple independent sources are saying basically the same thing, but of course you are free to believe what you want (as long as you don’t infect me).

The government has an incentive to prevent panic and anger at its own handling of the issue.

Slovakia

esteban wrote:

The government has an incentive to prevent panic and anger at its own handling of the issue.

Which is?

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

Which is?

Trying to keep the people quiet enough so they won’t kill them over their failure to prevent this? I can tell you the fury in some places is huge and it will grow as exponentially as the virus spreads once the full details of how the worlds governments let down their people in the very act which they all swore to do, to protect them?

All of them failed. Some out of stupidity, others with criminal intent.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

BeechBaby wrote:

Bezos, Mr Amazon, dumped his own stock in February. Then bought it all back.

Smart man.

He knew the epidemic will hit and cause panic selling. So he sold.
At the same time, he is uniquely placed to profit from it, with all the internet ordering and home delivery. That’s why the Amazon’s price is rising.

Nowhere in the article does it say he bought it all back. Where did you get that info from?

In two weeks time (a month would be even better, considering China’s timeline) the scale of the epidemic will be known to a much better extent and the answers to many questions that are heatily argued about today will be crystal clear from facts that would not be possible to dismiss as propaganda.

Slovakia

Bezos, Mr Amazon, dumped his own stock in February. Then bought it all back. Now Peter, why would he do that?

So, this is interesting. Bezos wants to control the world so he organised this whole thing?

Bezos is not stupid, and watches the news. By early Feb it was blindingly obvious we were going to have a pandemic. The only people who travelled abroad then were either those who committed lots of money on bookings (much of the ski community for example), or felt they could do it somehow safely. The young of course mostly travelled anyway because they “cannot catch it”. Everybody else stayed at home.

Did he really buy it all back? Reference please, listing all his sales and purchases, not some left wing rag article.

No smart investor will be buying stock at this point. It would be contrary to all investment strategies. Never try to catch a falling knife, buy only when there is total capitulation, etc etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message