Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Off_Field wrote:

He suggests there is little chance of anything through the international court routes as China just chooses to ignore them. However he suggests just deducting the owed amounts from the repayments on debt to China.

In practice impossible without being declared in default on your national debt. Practically, there is also no way to do this. The debt is bonds which have to be paid via a payment agent. You don’t send cheques….

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

In practice impossible without being declared in default on your national debt. Practically, there is also no way to do this. The debt is bonds which have to be paid via a payment agent. You don’t send cheques….

Thanks for enlightening me. I had assumed the solicitor, former federal prosecutor and chair of the house oversight committe would have an idea what was legally and practically possible.

Maybe there would be an option to do so from state linked “private” Chinese companies?

You’re right about not sending cheques. I thought de-rigueur for payments to was aircraft filled with cash….

Off_Field wrote:

Thanks for enlightening me. I had assumed the solicitor, former federal prosecutor and chair of the house oversight committe would have an idea what was legally and practically possible.

I highly doubt it.

EGTK Oxford

A bit of science on the mutation of virus that might help explain some aspects of how this virus spread or in some cases contained…

Forster argues that there is another explanation worth considering. “The Wuhan B-type virus could be immunologically or environmentally adapted to a large section of the East Asian population. It may need to mutate to overcome resistance outside East Asia. We seem to see a slower mutation rate in East Asia than elsewhere, in this initial phase.”

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/covid-19-genetic-network-analysis-provides-snapshot-of-pandemic-origins

and also this on the topic the virus circulated much earlier…

Forster and colleagues found that the closest type of COVID-19 to the one discovered in bats – type ‘A’, the “original human virus genome” – was present in Wuhan, but surprisingly was not the city’s predominant virus type.

Versions of ‘A’ were seen in Chinese individuals, and Americans reported to have lived in Wuhan, and mutated versions of ‘A’ were found in patients from the USA and Australia.

Wuhan’s major virus type, ‘B’, was prevalent in patients from across East Asia. However, the variant didn’t travel much beyond the region without further mutations – implying a ‘founder event’ in Wuhan, or ‘resistance’ against this type of COVID-19 outside East Asia, say researchers

and then this

One possibility is that these mutations generate different strains of the virus that cause disease of different severity.

https://www.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/hunting-down-covid-19/

Last Edited by Ted at 28 Apr 21:24
Ted
United Kingdom

I really hope that they – the Chinese leadership – are made to pay for that. Dearly.

It’s very unlikely this can happen. Probably a similar possibility as getting Trump for chloroquine overdosing and disinfectant poisonings or Soviet leaders for Chernobil.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

JasonC wrote:

North Korea has been doing this rather successfully.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

the international court routes as China just chooses to ignore them.

As the USA do

Last Edited by Emir at 29 Apr 07:09
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Probably a similar possibility as getting Trump for chloroquine overdosing

This seems an absurd stretch. I thought trump has spoken about hydroxychloroquine, even Andrew Cuomo has been talking about it? Is there any a evidence of this happening at any scale?

I think it’s totally different to a ruling party actively covering up and lying about a virus which has spread accross the globe.

Perhaps EuroGA and PPL/IR apologists for the Chinese Communist Party (PPL/IR censors having banned any reference to a “Chinese virus” or “CCP-virus” on their closed discussion group ) could tell us which other government is doing this:

Online activists disappear after battle with censors in China
http://digitaleditions.telegraph.co.uk/data/210/reader/reader.html?social#!preferred/0/package/210/pub/210/page/47/article/37236
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

All inbounds from there should have been stopped, around end of January, but what to you do with say 100k skiers? There aren’t enough hotels for an enforced quarantine. The ski season happened in the wrong moment.

you don’t think on that logic those people should have stayed home in the first place? :-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message