Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

My wife’s GP practice recently had two cases were people tested positive despite being completely asymptomatic. One tested positive upon admission to the hospital for another reason, the other needed a negative test for work related reasons.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

What we all expected has just appeared in the news – the UK has been massively over-counting deaths.

Anyone who dies, of any cause, who has at some point tested positive for Covid-19 is recorded as a Covid-19 death. It was also reported a while back that a positive wasn’t actually necessary, merely a suspicion of Covid-19 got a death into the stats.

It was clear from the outset that the only way to properly count Covid-19 deaths was to put it in the hands of the physician certifying death. Upon certifying a death directly from Covid-19 they ‘push the button’ somehow and one death is added to the tally. An intrusion on their working practices yes, and a hassle to implement, but the only real way. It’s obvious that any system of trying to match test results vs recorded deaths would give poor accuracy.

EGLM & EGTN

@Rwy20 wrote:

Please cite these studies. There is no evidence at the moment that children could not pass on the virus.

https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/11742-corona-covid-19-virus-general-discussion?page=157#post_251657

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

? There is a link on that page about age profile of victims. We’ve known since the start that children were very unlikely to become seriously ill, but that is not the same as asking whether they can become infected then transmit COVID on.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is an amazing animation
https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2944635

Indeed! Very well done. I wonder how they gathered the data though. Diabetes as such does not really directly kill people (that would be through ketoacidosis in Type II and hypoglycaemia in Type I patients), but is a key risk factor for secondary diseases, such as coronary heart disease. Heart disease itself doesn’t figure in the chart, despite being the number one reason of death in Germany and I assume all industrialised country (being caused by diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, alcohol, bad diet, lack of physical exercise and of course genetics).

TB is widely underestimated in western countries, often forgotten about. About 1/3 of the world population are infected with it (!!!), but very few people in the west. It is a real killer, very hard to treat. The best treatment is a good economy, indirectly: TB is a poor people’s disease.

Very frightening how Covid seems to have ended up as the No. 3 killer in 2020 in only a few months. Should give those pause who still downplay the threat it poses!

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Peter wrote:

This is an amazing animation

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing this

Daily Mail reports hundreds demonstrating in London.
“I will not be masked, tested, tracked, or poisoned.”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

It’s easy to dig up enough anti-vaxxers (and the other normally affiliated intellectuals e.g. “5G towers spreading the virus and all this being organised by Bill Gates”) for a decent size demonstration, nowadays, with social media

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

t’s easy to dig up enough anti-vaxxers (and the other normally affiliated intellectuals e.g. “5G towers spreading the virus and all this being organised by Bill Gates”) for a decent size demonstration, nowadays, with social media

Indeed. There are enough covidiots out there to fill Wembley several times over. Sigh….

Sign in to add your message