Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Ted wrote:

The Australian Government has very strict quarantine, at the moment less than 1000 Australian citizens or other exempt people per day, are allowed to entire quarantine because it is done in a hotel guarded by police and in some cases the army.

Seening that apparently someone slipped through the strict immigration and quarantine procedures in NZ and infected further pax on an international flight probably a very wise decision.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Anyone else see the irony of the Ozzies imprisoning themselves in their country… Something Brits started a couple of centuries ago..

I’ll just leave this here, and with that, leave this thread for good.

https://cormandrostenreview.com

“This paper (hereafter referred to as “Corman-Drosten paper”), published by “Eurosurveillance” on 23 January 2020, describes an RT-PCR method to detect the novel Corona virus (also known as SARS-CoV2). After careful consideration, our international consortium of Life Science scientists found the Corman-Drosten paper is severely flawed with respect to its biomolecular and methodological design. A detailed scientific argumentations can be found in our review “External peer review of the RTPCR test to detect SARS-CoV2 reveals 10 major scientific flaws at the molecular and methodological level: consequences for false positive results”, which we herewith submit for publication in Eurosurveillance.
Further, the submission date and acceptance date of this paper are January 21st and January 22nd, respectively. Considering the severe errors in design and methodology of the RT-PCR test published by “Eurosurveillance”, this raises the concern whether the paper was subjected to peer-review at all.”

And that is the colapse of the entire Covid house of cards, no reliable test, no way to detect infections, no cases, no reason at all for the histeria…
Others will of course continue to believe what they want to believe. And I understand that.

See you all in other threads, and hopefully one day on some fly-in!

EHLE, Netherlands

hmng wrote:

And that is the colapse of the entire Covid house of cards, no reliable test, no way to detect infections, no cases, no reason at all for the histeria…

It might well be that the paper is flawed, but that doesn’t in itself mean that the test doesn’t work.

And if there are “no cases”, what have people been dying of?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

hmng wrote:

People who talk like this should be arrested and forced into service in a hospital where people who have “nothing” are being treated until they get their own chance to experience the “nothing” they have been going on about. Some of them now turn up in papers describing what they are going through.

Or as an alternative being locked into a room with people who have either survived it or who have lost loved ones, with all gloves off.

I agree with whoever sais that there are more dangerous things in the world than Covid and one of them is fake science and fake news and the resulting descent into dark ages where superstition and witch hunting were afternoon pasttimes. We can see how societies who have a strict social system like Taiwan or Japan and even western style democracies like Australia and New Zealand manage this disease with discipline and adherence, while millions of people get killed or severely sick with long term illness and possible impairment for life in the “freedom” = egoism driven societies in the West. That is all we need to know to see in which way pandemic control has to go. The West have failed and anyone who still, with millions ill and hundreds of thousands dead belittle or deny this should be treated similarly as someone who those who deny other cataclysms in our recent history, where millions of innocent people were murdered because some believed they were better than others.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Nov 11:58
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

We could do a EuroGA group vaccination discount

Like girls doing botox parties

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

MedEwok wrote:

You might be on to something, although I haven’t yet read any scientific paper supporting this. But it sounds plausible.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971220306093
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/is-a-bradykinin-storm-brewing-in-covid-19—67876

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thank you, @Emir , good find! In severe Sepsis, we use Hydrocortisone for very much the same reason, to dampen the “cytokine storm” with which the body is attacking itself as a reaction to the systemic infection. The fact that Dexamethasone, another steroid, is effective at treating Covid-19 indicates that this line of thought is correct. Both drugs down-regulate the immune system’s response, indicating that it’s overreaction is precisely the problem with Covid-19 and other forms of Sepsis.

hmng wrote:

I’ll just leave this here, and with that, leave this thread for good.

https://cormandrostenreview.com

I bothered to actually read quite a bit of that, and am confused. I admit to not being enough of an expert on microbiology to actually understand everything they write, but I did learn the basics of how a PCR test works during my medical school training – which, incidentally, makes me at least as qualified on the matter as several of the people in this alleged “International Consortium of Scientists on Life Sciences”, who – by their training alone, should have little or no clue of the matters discussed here (a Neurologist, Internist…a Nursing MSc?).
What is immediately coming across as strange is that they created a seperate website just for this, when usually one would write to the scientific journal in question and get your finds published there, in a peer-reviewed journal. This makes their accusation that the paper on the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test is not properly peer-reviewed come across as dishonest. I also could not find any hints to this “consortium” previously existing, or existing for any other purpose than to attack the paper they are attacking, which makes one wonder about their motivation, their background and the funding behind this – if any.

Ultimately, it is important to note and accept that the ammount of scientific literature that was published on Covid-19 so far is OVERWHELMING (needs to be in bold all caps for emphasis!). The most prestigious database/search engine of biomedical research papers, PubMed, lists at least 78,000 published papers on the matters as of this post:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sars-cov-2/

So the claim, that, as hmng wrote:

Is of course facetious. A single paper, even if importat for Covid-19 research, and even if really flawed, cannot “collapse the entire Covid house of cards” because there is no House of Cards. It is a veritable fortress built on ferro-concrete of enormous strenght in terms of clinical experience and laboratory data.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55133972

A team of people just placed another piece in the magnificent building that we are erecting called science. Let’s hope this can indeed help out, although, as so often, more time and money is needed:

There’s still a knowledge gap, including working out how multiple proteins fit together and how proteins interact with other molecules, such as DNA and RNA.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Airlines give a shit about their employees. They only care about profit.

If a profit could be made by offering on board smoking, they’d do it in a heartbeat. Tar and nicotine clogged up the packs and cost a lot of money in filter replacement, and it was good PR at the time as well, so they went away with it.

Airlines to this day do not use dosimeters to measure radiation exposure. Airliners fly higher and longer than ever, yet the exposure limits remain the same.
Airlines don’t reveal life expectancy trends… (many airlines have pension schemes and have the data).

Corona killed the airline industry. They thought 9/11 or the volcano was bad..

An entire industry is running out of money and is clinging to a vaccine as a sign of hope. But don’t misunderstand this as some form of care for employees.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 01 Dec 08:38
always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message