Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Apparently not all believe that vaccinations will enable travel without hassle soon.

While a lot of stuff reopens in Switzerland starting the next days, air travellers and GA pilots still will need a full PCR test certificate to enter the country, whether they are vaccinated or not! Apparently one tries to avoid hassle over inequality of people vaccined vs those not, so it is political, not medically founded.

While it is correct and perfectly acceptable to impose tests on travellers from countries with high risk of infection with dangerous mutations, it would be time to think whether aviation deserves this kind of treatment for countries no longer on that list. Particularly looking at the fact that this kind of tests are no longer required for vaccinated people (and most others) with other means of transport (e.g. cars) the question arises, whether this is an attempt to strangle aviation in particular. The consequence of this may well be that passengers will try to evade this by starting travel from surrounding airports in other countries who do not require PCR testing for vaccinated people.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Apparently one tries to avoid hassle over inequality of people vaccined vs those not, so it is political, not medically founded.

There is no internationally available proof of vaccination that can not be forged with any laser printer. Saying “vaccinated people don’t need a test” is the same as “nobody needs a test”.
With requiring test for everyone, one tries to avoid the hassle over inequality of people who printed out their own vaccination certificate vs. those who did not.

Germany

Is the proof of test less likely to be forged than the proof of vaccination? Why?
It already happened on a quite large scale.

LRSV, Romania

Malibuflyer wrote:

There is no internationally available proof of vaccination that can not be forged with any laser printer. Saying “vaccinated people don’t need a test” is the same as “nobody needs a test”.
With requiring test for everyone, one tries to avoid the hassle over inequality of people who printed out their own vaccination certificate vs. those who did not.

as for forgery, the very same goes for testing certificates. Both need a verification. That is why the green pass they keep going on about is an absolute necessity, as it can be machine read and is coupled with your ID. We expect that in June and it will contain both vaccines and testing information.

The question is, once this is released, will the need for testing be abolished or not? Also, why only aviation? You can enter by train and other mass transport but only and only need to test when arriving by plane and even if you are the single occupant. What sense does that make?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

What sense does that make?

The cynic in me thinks ’it’s part of the EU war on short-haul aviation (and aviation in general)’.

The whole thing is ridiculous, unnecessary and unworkable – which is why I won’t be travelling abroad while any of this is in place.

EGLM & EGTN

Best post yet

Egnm, United Kingdom

byteworks wrote:

It already happened on a quite large scale.

I am sure it is. Tests itself are definitely not a reliable form of quarantining a country, some percentage that test negative WILL be positive after they arrive. I would not be surprised if the vaccines also are insufficient to stop it being imported. What is important is the population at the destination are vaccinated.

At best these are just macro controls, to reduce the spread, they are not the solution by any stretch.

In this scenario if 20% of people are faking it, it is not going to make much difference.

Last Edited by Ted at 20 May 10:23
Ted
United Kingdom

The whole thing is ridiculous, unnecessary and unworkable

I think post-vaccination that is true.

And there is a long way to go. Justine was looking at visiting her family in Germany but not one of them has been vacced yet, and one is mid-50s.

Once more or less everyone is vacced, and so long as no vaccine-resistant strains emerge which kill ~1% like the original ones do, the public policy goal of protecting the health service(s) is met, and movement can resume.

One problem is that govts get advice from academia (which is politically handy, when it is the advice you wanted anyway) and academia would get their salary paid even if there was a worldwide nuclear war, so they tend to be ultra cautious. And they must follow the govt political line otherwise their research money would dry up.

It takes people with real balls to sort this out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It takes people with real balls to sort this out.

True.

In a quite remarkable honesty, our minister of health came forward with an apology and confession about the mask lies in spring 2020. He had been given real bad advice and consequently took part in that piece of criminal disinformation, which he regrets. I have big respect for the guy, if I don’t agree with him on all he has done, he has TRIED to do an honest job, but was mislead in many instances. Him coming open about it now shows to me that this respect was warranted.

10 days after the 2nd shot I think my immune system finally decided to do something and has kicked in. Consequently it has “floored” me for the day… headache and slight flu feel other folks I know were going on about. Well, I suppose that means it works.

Sign in to add your message