Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Peter wrote:

It is the millenials (UK term for people born around year 2000) who are the key to whether this crisis fizzles out, or explodes and kills hundreds of thousands (including many of their parents) and then keeps coming back in waves

I think that is a bit stretched, I also heard of some invincible +60yo chaps at the flying clubhouses, I am sure you will always find as much % of -20yo as +60yo where “go wash your hands” or “stay at home” does not resonate well, usually the types who don’t give two cents about the rest of society but load of them across the whole age profile

alioth wrote:

From 23:59 17th March, anyone arriving in the Isle of Man will be required by law to self-isolate for 14 days.

I am expected a weekend lunch at IOM now to be 1 month: 2 weeks at IOM and 2 weeks when back to the UK?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I also heard of some invincible +60yo chaps at the flying clubhouses

Sure, but they will pay the price.

From 23:59 17th March, anyone arriving in the Isle of Man will be required by law to self-isolate for 14 days.

I think the Channel Islands will follow shortly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In Ireland they announced last Thursday or Friday that indoor gatherings had to be limited to 100 people, including the pubs. But there were big gatherings in the pubs on Friday night and big tight queues outside them.

So now all pubs are being asked to shut down.

There were even stories about the 20-30 somethings having covid 19 house parties!

I can really see a more intense lock-down coming because simply too many people won’t take the restrictions seriously and just ignore them. A tight lockdown is the only way to deal with them. At least then we’ll get through this quicker.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The US chiefs have said tonight in a press conference that the “young” hold the key to this.

It’s an interesting observation… especially to make it so openly.

Today I heard two 85+ people say this is a load of nonsense, so the same problem exists at the opposite end also, but those two are much less likely to survive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well let’s look at the positives as Europe locks its borders… at least Greta has disappeared of our radar ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I like some of this chaps content because he has a reasonable scientific approach.

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

at least Greta has disappeared of our radar ;-)

Starting to miss POTUS impeachment, Brexit and gillets jaunes

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

So here we are in lockdown. We can go out to get food, go to the doctors the pharmacists or the vets as long as we have the appropriate piece of paper filled in, signed and dated.If not there is an on the spot fine of €38 with a possible hundred and something euros to follow in the post.
But hey I’m not complaining, I’m in a high risk group or on the edge of it, and also I am doing it to protect my compatriots. I know this for a fact because last night the President told me so. There he was looking directly at me from the television screen, a key light shining directly into his eyes making them sparkle with sincerity and empathy and using the old Hollywood star trick employed to great effect by the likes of Alan Ladd and Clarke Gable of drawing the audience in by not blinking for long periods of time (2 minutes was not unusual, try it with lights shining in your eyes, its not easy.)
But I do hope that whilst most of us are under house arrest for I don’t know how long that the opportunity is taken as a priority to regularly test all those who are on the outside, the doctors, the nurses, the paramedics, the policemen, so that they can narrow down the source of the virus and at the same time we can make sure that a visit to the doctor will not result in us catching the virus. It would be ironic to go to the doctors for a check up and come away contaminated.And when we are finally free of lockdown and those who are proved clear of the virus through isolation rejoin the community at large,we are not going to encounter some unidentified carrier and the whole lockdown will have been for nothing.

France

Welcome to Italy !

Pegaso airstrip, Italy
Sign in to add your message