Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Mr Hepburn’s interview on the TV a couple of days ago was very interesting. One of the few who made sense.

Firstly, one would expect the hospital admissions age profile to match the local demographic profile. I don’t know if Wales is younger than London – I would doubt it.

Also, perhaps, as time goes by, the % of younger patients will increase because it is predominantly the young who disregard the social distancing objectives by far the most. They rarely get seriously ill with it but they do make up the bulk of those who form close groups. A couple of weeks ago, just before the lockdown, I needed to only look out of the window to see this.

Snoopy’s Italian age profile posted above has been “explained” many times by the special conditions in N Italy (old population, present/past heavy smokers, poor air quality, etc).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Also, perhaps, as time goes by, the % of younger patients will increase because it is predominantly the young who disregard the social distancing objectives by far the most. They rarely get seriously ill with it but they do make up the bulk of those who form close groups. A couple of weeks ago, just before the lockdown, I needed to only look out of the window to see this.

I don’t think it is predominantly young people who disregard social distancing. My impression is there are just as many older persons who ignore the measures.

If it were as @peter says, why would this not be reflected in italian numbers?

I assume in a few months the age profile will look like italy everywhere else too.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Fuji_Abound wrote:

Just happens to be the first Google search result.

I wouldnt take anything CNN says as fact without a lot of further confirmatory research. Regarding Google, I find them to shift the narrative by omission. Rather go to Duck Duck Go as a more reliable search engine involving anything political.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Fuji_Abound wrote: Just happens to be the first Google search result.

I wouldnt take anything CNN says as fact without a lot of further confirmatory research. Regarding Google, I find them to shift the narrative by omission. Rather go to Duck Duck Go as a more reliable search engine involving anything political.

Yep, fair comment. I guess it depends what you are looking for.

I suppose it is hardly signifcant news that the Scottish health expert was photographed at her holiday home have travelled over 100 mile round trip to “check up on thhings”. Try finding much about on some search engines are you will be lucky.

People use different search engines according to the results they are looking for. So e.g. duckduckgo is popular with the anti vaccination crowd, because apparently google removes that stuff (rightly so IMHO).

Administrator

Poor old Scottish woman – going once, maybe, but it seems she went at least twice. Could be a regular then. He he.

I bet that character Hancock will be checking with security if he is being followed.

Given so little new and useful information coming out, I think we need some aviation related contributions, before this virus takes over the entire forum

I know people aren’t flying but it is still a good time to talk about flying.

And to talk about what GA will be like when this is over. Will there be permanent international flying restrictions? For example border crossings limited to certificated-vaccinated or certificated-past-infected people? Who wants to start a new thread on the future of GA, post-virus?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

People use different search engines according to the results they are looking for. So e.g. duckduckgo is popular with the anti vaccination crowd, because apparently google removes that stuff (rightly so IMHO).

I use duckduckgo mainly because I don’t want searches to be biased by what Google thinks I “want” to see.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

And to talk about what GA will be like when this is over. Will there be permanent international flying restrictions? For example border crossings limited to certificated-vaccinated or certificated-past-infected people? Who wants to start a new thread on the future of GA, post-virus?

I don’t think so- commercial aviaton will eventually be resumed,and nobody is going to test everybody.. For GA and in Estonia, the autohrities seem to treat GA pilots the same as commercial pilots- i.e its permitted to fly abroad for maintenance etc. and come back without mandatory guarantine.

EETU, Estonia

Stromectol appears to be showing considerable promise.

Sign in to add your message