Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How many people have practically stopped flying during coronavirus?

My flying last 8 weeks (ducks)

Last Edited by loco at 14 Dec 18:31
LPFR, Poland

You aren’t doing this in a little SEP or MEP though, I am sure

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You aren’t doing this in a little SEP or MEP though, I am sure

One can see that from the great circle curvature of the legs

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

So I bought a Brunner force-feedback yoke for the overtime pay!

Is it really as nice as people say it is? Do they ever have discounts? 1200 EUR is more than my XPlane PC cost… ;)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

loco wrote:

My flying last 8 weeks (ducks)

And not one trip report for the EuroGA DB

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

@tmo I got an entry Brunner as well, I think it did make it’s value during this lockdown (and also with 6months baby, I rarely went flying unless going somewhere and taking family with me but then less appetite for IFR flying for my own currency consumption), you can make the yoke as much as realistic as the real aeroplane, including getting tossed in turbulences on an ILS and it makes simulator flying more enjoyable but I would rather try with cheap joystick if the “sim is your thing”, it’s not the Brunner that will change that fact as even a normal stick is well useable just less enjoyable !

It’s +VAT & 0% duty from Switzerland…

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Dec 19:12

I have a Saitek combo, which “works” for a liberal definition of “work”; I’ve been “on the fence” about a forced feedback yoke ever since Timothy commented favorably on it, and between the field being damp and weather being what it is, it might not be the worst idea. But damn, that is a lot of 100LL… And with a FF yoke one would want a FF rudder to match the experience…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I would imagine none of it matter for autopilot flying, if you can throw in the Brunner money in the 2*G5 & GFC500 upgrade and Saitek combo should do for wet runway days

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Dec 19:42

tmo wrote:

Is it really as nice as people say it is?

I’ve had the chance to try them in Hergiswil a few years back and yes, they are very nice. Hand made and the pricetag to go with it. But you don’t buy one of them every day, it’s an investment for (simulation)-life

As for flying, I managed two training flights this year in May. Since then, busy 24/7. Now my medical has expired and in order to get a new one, I need to lower my own BEW by about 5 kg. Planning to get a new medical in January, if any AME’s are open then and finally get my SEP back in spring. The aircraft has been busy though, it’s flown roughly 80 hours this year which is more than in the last years.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Just one family trip to the beach, and little other recreational flying. Still my second best year with almost 200hrs of flying because my club and commercial school are busy with many, many students. Recently, I´ve had occasional cancellations due to Covid quarantine though and I hope that we won´t suffer from the coming lockdown.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany
Sign in to add your message