Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

This is hard work (+48C OAT)

I saw these guys in Kuwait last week getting that DA62 ready for aerial calibration, in 48 degrees. I was exhausted just after getting the pins and covers off!

LEBL, Spain

Impressive, plus they wear uniforms & low wing (I tend to go topless & flipflops in Spain/Morocco when “FPLs are under processing” or “refueller is coming in 5min” )

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Jul 07:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

They were wearing short pants though. Interesting METAR as well T48D8 Q998

LEBL, Spain

Thoughts and prayers to Dave Philips and his fellows

LFOU, France

Amen to that.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

My longest day on a motorcycle included about 200 miles of desert at 118 F or 48 C. What is memorable today was soaking my T-shirt completely with water and having it evaporate while riding in maybe 3-5 minutes. I had ridden about 600 miles to Phoenix at that point, and rode another 400 miles from there. This was 20 years ago, don’t think I’d do it today.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 23 Jul 14:32

This is why, when I was looking at doing the FAA IR to JAA IR conversion, and looked at doing it at Egnatia at Kavala in Greece, I walked away from this really lovely location because the school demanded the full “we train professional pilots” uniforms – in the DA42, in the Greek summer

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The T67 Firefly I believe has a structural limitation if temperatures go above 50 oC – perhaps the DA62 has more modern composite materials.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message