Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Who makes the food?

Personal experience from short-ish flights... the best food I ever got on a bizjet was an Irish black-pudding sandwich (hot) on a flight departing from Cork. Mmm... delicious.

This has just put me off my lunch...

EGTK Oxford

A google for Claudia Düsseldorf will yield different results according to your adult filter settings

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This has just put me off my lunch...

Me too. Reminds me of one of my Lufthansa flights. I was moved to the 'executive' section because there was some spare seats available. However the stewardess was careful to point out to her colleauge that I was only to receive the standard meal. The difference? My meat product (a sausage of some kind I think) was of the cold buffet type, and the 'real' executive got a hot one! That must be worth the few extra hundred Euro's then ;-) I'd rather pay EasyJet for one of their £4 tomato soups or a £3 kitkat.

You guys need stronger stomachs.

EGTT, The London FIR

Biz Jet catering is probably one of the world's greatest rip offs (after bottled water - obviously).

For example, I recently paid Euro 75 for a small plate of sandwiches, Euro 10 for a one kilo bag of ice and Euro 20 for a litre of coffee, all plus the ramp delivery charge of Euro 50.

Whilst this is a massive rip off, these costs are chicken feed compared to the cost of running even a modest biz jet, so the companies have a supply of willing customers.

If I ever lose my medical, I'm going into biz jet catering . . .

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

Euro 10 for a one kilo bag of ice ...

At Istanbul Atatürk airport, the caterer asked me, if I needed some ice with the other stuff we had ordered (we hadn't ordered ice). As the aircraft had been sitting in the sun all day and the beverages were rather warm, it would have been good to get some. So I asked for the price: 100 Euros for the bag of ice he was holding in his hand. When I told him that this was ouside our catering budget, he emptied the bag onto the tarmac...

EDDS - Stuttgart

The food comes form the hotel. For maximizing Catering order system now a days Daily-sky Catering service provider lunched an app for that. With this all the ordering system is available On-line.

Airport catering is the biggest rip off I have ever seen, crew food of incredibly poor quality is delivered to aircraft at sky high prices.

Unhappy with the poor nutrition and high price one Gatwick based airline has installed freezers in the crew room and fills them with M&S food, they have even provided the crews with individual cool bags to keep the meals fresh on long flights…………. Result cost saving for the airline and very happy crew members.

Ah but it depends on who makes the food

I see your in flight caterer is a great deal posher and health conscious than mine…. :-)

Andreas IOM

Alioth, I guess you could not get hot food delivered from The Grosvenor ?

Sign in to add your message