Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptance of electronic logbooks (or simple Excel files) in different countries

LeSving wrote:

With EASA, I don’t know.

With EASA FCL there is a requirement for the pilot to sign his own logbook at the bottom of every page (see the link I posted in #12). Not that I have ever done that either… (my pre-EASA logbook does not even provide a space for that). Apart from that, the only references to an instructor signature are the above mentioned SPIC and PICUS flights.

Last Edited by what_next at 18 Feb 15:25
EDDS - Stuttgart

This EASA AMC is one of the most useless AMCs of them all. It prescribes an EXACT logbook format, and I guess 99% of all logbooks in existence do not follow it.

If somebody wants my logbook on paper, I can print it out for them. If they want me to sign it, I will sign it then.

Has been completely fine with the UK CAA for issue of CPL, and for instrument rating, ME rating, and FI rating.

Biggin Hill

Differences tranings DO have to be signed by the instructor. FCL.710 (c).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Differences trainings DO have to be signed in the pilot’s logbook by the instructor. FCL.710 (c).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Feb 17:05

It is alleged that at least some types of differences training do not actually require a flight in the aircraft and may simply be classroom or self revision and/or ground testing.

Where would a signature for such training be placed?

Egnm, United Kingdom

In the notes section?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I would write it in across a few lines in the remarks column in I think.

United Kingdom

Moreover: it doesn’t matter where.

flybymike wrote:

It is alleged that at least some types of differences training do not actually require a flight in the aircraft and may simply be classroom or self revision and/or ground testing.

As far as I understand it (as a student pilot) differences training has no fixed curriculum, the point being that it depends very much on your previous experience. So I guess that it can be without an actual flight in some cases.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

@Peter
I did NOT click on a he link and have no intention of doing so! (30 pages? Forget it.)

FWIW my paper log books have all needed signatures in ink. I also keep an electronic log which is certainly more convenient, but do not use it (yet) for sign offs.

It’s strange to me to hear that students/PPLs don’t have proof of sig offs with with them. What happens if they move?

I suppose my approach comes from FAA land. I have had my logbook inspected for signatures multiple times (when renting, training, etc). But the paper approach is probably approaching obsolescence there too.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 19 Feb 03:50
Tököl LHTL
Sign in to add your message