Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA marketing over the years

Mooneys M20C & M20K against FAI world record Gliders (1000km distance & 50000ft altitude, both are in Dulles Int Airport museum)

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Jun 16:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Last flight recorded on Flightaware for the M20C in the advert was earlier this month, California to Utah. Still looks the same it appears

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Jun 16:37

It is not the same livery but nonetheless it is still period. I really like the look of these aircraft in their period liveries.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

It looks the same livery to me. I’ve been back an fore between the 2 photos like in a spot the difference competition. Please put me out of my misery.

France

gallois wrote:

It looks the same livery to me. I’ve been back an fore between the 2 photos like in a spot the difference competition. Please put me out of my misery.

There is a slight difference on the fuselage aft of the windows.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

OK I’ll add some more from the Comanche (I have a lot of “flyers” and stuff).

This one is the last page from the prospect for the Comanche 260 (so not as early as the initial post here, but not yet with three rows of seats). It still involves the “personal” and “charming” aspect of a Comanche.

Last Edited by UdoR at 16 Jun 08:01
Germany

This one is the first page of the flyer for the then-new Comanche B and Twin Comanche B (also advertising for the first time the Turbo’ed TwinCo in the flyer, so the flyer must be from year 1965). This one is a lot more technical, emphasizing the payload (you see six adults in each aircraft), range, speed and so on. Practically only photos from flying aircraft. Photos on ground show the “roomy” aspects with the seating, the improved seats with flexible positioning and so on, not like in the earlier times.

Last Edited by UdoR at 16 Jun 08:02
Germany

@UdoR chapeau to the marketing team to find able adults to sit in the third row :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

chapeau to the marketing team to find able adults to sit in the third row :)

It’s 113kg in total for the third row, so enough for a typical couple, isn’t it? Have a look yourself and don’t be so limited in only looking at that number…

By the way: Piper advertised the seats as “family seats”, I think in order not to sell it as child seats.

I’ve seen a lot of photos where you see 6 adults in a Comanche, be it single or twin. I’m not going to comment that in further details. It’s a time where you’ve put 10 in a car, if it fitted and everyone could breathe.

Last Edited by UdoR at 16 Jun 09:44
Germany

Airborne_Again wrote:

gallois wrote:
There is a slight difference on the fuselage aft of the windows.

Well I got confused with the other pic. I would say it is substantially the same, with perhaps the minor difference you have pointed out.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message