Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK Border Force instructing EGPG A/G to refuse a landing, due to coronavirus

Peter wrote:

Also a landing does not trigger any CV19 action – anywhere, well not in any civilised country.

Sums it up nicely. My bold. I’m increasingly bemused by what is becoming of the UK :-((

Hmmm please stop the UK bashing, fashionable as it is right now. For “little hitler” (an old english expression) excesses, check out some Flugleiter threads

Stupid self-important “little men” (and “little women”) exist everywhere, and always have done. And “authority” type jobs have always self selected for this personality type. Who do you think works mostly for Fraport in Greece?

I posted the original post as a heads-up for pilots who may end up on the receiving end of this treatment, and maybe, just maybe, somebody who knows somebody may raise up higher up and make sure it doesn’t happen again. The official(s) involved at the BF are easy to trace.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Hmmm please stop the UK bashing, fashionable as it is right now.

No bashing here, and I don’t have a dog in this fight anymore. But having lived in the UK for about 20 years I did and do notice a constant slide into ever more authoritarian attitudes by unelected groups which also appear to be accountable to nobody. What BF has done here (and I’m somewhat surprised ATC went along) isn’t that much different from the actions of Lukashenko in Belarus when diverting the RYR flight.

I am sending this to the Minister for Transport

This kind of landing refusal does happen elsewhere e.g. I had it in Italy where Padova claimed to not have received multiple Customs PNR notifications. That report upset a number of people

It is dangerous…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I would simply tell ATC that I’m landing as planned and if Border Force wish to discuss it they are welcome to stop by the airfield and do so.

Forever learning
EGTB

There were several stages of lockdown in England and several stages of border closures, mandatory quarantining, and re-openings which has caused confusion for many.

Nonetheless, what Border Force did – was it lawful at the time?

Did the SR20 pilot call for PPR?

Many airfields in UK South-East would not accept inbound non-based aircraft from mainland Europe last year when one calls for PPR, it was more “own policy” rather than anything else (BF or DfT), I was glad Southend & Biggin Hill were open to anyone to fly & land (honestly they are the only choices for “proper airports” anyway, the rest of “other airfields” are mostly training or fun sausage tea & cofee flying, and there was not much of that buisness last year)

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Jul 22:57
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I was glad Southend & Biggin Hill were open to anyone to fly & land (honestly they are the only choices for “proper airports” anyway, the rest of “other airfields” are mostly training or fun sausage tea & cofee flying, and there was not much of that buisness last year)

EGMD/Lydd?

EGTR

OMG.

The “best part” is their best advice for the pilot would be to turn the aircraft around and return to departure field.
They should have written our best advice for ourselves the BF would be to turn the aircraft around so that you don’t add us work. Thank you

If a Boeing comes from Australia and a lockdown comes in, I suppose they don’t send the Boeing back to Australia

LFOU, France

arj1 wrote:

EGMD/Lydd?

Lydd was closed last year and ILS was Notammed as U/S all this year, I think they are open now? it would irresponsible to file it as DST/DALT, however, if one judges things getting tight in the air and choices are limited just disregard evrything and go for it, it’s 24h & 7days “fully functional runway & airbase for COASTGUARD, SAR, POLICE, AIR-AMBULANCE, UKBF & SB” that sits near the sea only missing Radar ATC, you can deal with paperwork latter

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Jul 08:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message