Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Poll : who flies in his (her) own aircraft?

The KZ you've seen in the US is likely to be OY-DTY which still carries it's original registration but is currently N159KZ. It is owned by a US resident Dane, Carl Erik Olsen, who took it with him when he moved. It is likely a few years ago you've seen it, as it is currently being rebuild after an off-airfield landing - see below link.

Thanks for the info. That must be the one and I must've seen it in 2004, at a fly-in where I'd flown to exercise new Pilot Certificate. Great to see the owner is rebuilding it - that's a heck of a big job!

I bought my 2008 Piper Saratoga II TC two years ago. After having rented airplanes (mostly a T-tail Arrow IV) for nearly 17 years.

Flying mostly IFR I wanted a suitable platform, not only for the softest IFR conditions. So I looked for an airplane w/ deicing and G1000 and oxygen.

Then I found my perfect airplane. Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/voegelair

I am really happy with it so far. Haven't had any major repairs yet and also renting it out to some people.

Silvaire,

Many thanks for your comments on the Skybolt, in all modesty I think it works really well as well, although it was painted before my time.

The KZ you've seen in the US is likely to be OY-DTY which still carries it's original registration but is currently N159KZ. It is owned by a US resident Dane, Carl Erik Olsen, who took it with him when he moved. It is likely a few years ago you've seen it, as it is currently being rebuild after an off-airfield landing - see below link.

http://aircraftstory.org/2013/05/a-danish-kz-vii-aircraft-in-california/

Thanks again Michael

EGTR

Mmgreve - that's a great paint scheme on the Skybolt... Art Deco color selection (it's a biplane!) combined with '60s Skybolt style striping. Very nicely done.

I've seen a similar KZ in the US if you can believe that, operated with Danish registration and if I remember correctly maybe flown by a (US resident) Dane.

New plane and one of favourite co-pilots

I've had:

50% of a RV-9A

33% of a TB20

Now 50% of a Pioneer 300

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

OK, let me give it a try...

The KZ VII (Lark) - only one in the UK, so maybe I should post under the rare planes thread as well :-)

The Skybolt

computer skills hereby update !

EGTR

I've owned four aircraft in my 14 years of flying:

Socata TB10
Socata TB20GT
Socata TB20GT
Cessna 182 STOL converted King Katmai

I currently own and fly the Katmai

Ian

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

I fly my own glider - a Lak 17A FES (FES stand for Front Electrical Sustainer – i.e. it has a small folding propellor at the front, electrically driven when needed, to keep flying and get back home when thermals finish).

I will try to post a picture.

Chris N

Ridgewell, Essex
70 Posts
Sign in to add your message