Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

Graham wrote:

@BeechBaby it genuinely terrifies me that you are allowed to fly an aeroplane

Thank you for the compliment. Genuinely appreciated.

Interesting on a forum that is actively discussing the best way to commit suicide, an alternative and realistic view of a Russian invasion on Ukraine creates, ……horror? Tells me a lot about that state of our world.

First think about what Ukraine is – It’s the epicenter of corruption for the political establishment. [anti semitic stuff removed]… All funding “deep state” agendas worldwide, all based out of Ukraine. We know their ties to the Clinton foundation and liberal politics in America. This is open knowledge and under Trump the US was attempting to deal with it. @graham I am afraid it is a truly murky old world out there. Just the way it is..

And to clarify I do not support any forms of war or violence.

Here in the UK we are the prime architecture of war and destruction. Yemen anyone?

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

@BeechBaby I hadn’t realised you had fallen hook line and sinker for these tropes.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Western nations struggle with even simple things, like implementing an IT system which prevents a local family of six accumulating 26 boxes (10 per box) of CV19 test kits (they were proud to tell everyone on FB).

So if there was some “deep state” stuff going on, I would be seriously impressed that the ex Oxford Arts dropouts graduates managed to come up with something seriously innovative.

One day, EDS will manage to write more than 10 consecutive lines of code which actually work. But I doubt it will happen in the current century.

Of course “Russia” is corrupt; corruption is the default position in the 3rd World. By definition, it isn’t corruption.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Back to aviation, there is clearly some close military support going on.

Looking at FR24, USAF KC-135 and KC-10 tankers out of Mildenhall EGUN and Ramstein ETAR are flying racetrack patterns near the Ukrainian border. I don’t know to what extent the Ukrainian air force is operating, but they are refuelling something. Is it possible that NATO combat aircraft are engaged in black ops? You could probably put F-22s and F-35s in the mix in a fairly clandestine fashion.

There is also a USAF surveillance UAV over the middle of the black sea, and most interestingly a US Army Blackhawk helicopter has recently got airborne in south east Poland and is heading straight for the Ukrainian border. Watching to see if it crosses….

EGLM & EGTN

BeechBaby wrote:

What’s important to understand is that while the mainstream media call this an invasion, the reality of the matter is that Putin is moving troops into friendly territory.

Do you consider the Chernobyl area to be “friendly territory”?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 25 Feb 11:02
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

….and the Blackhawk has vanished from FR24, just short of the Ukrainian border. Pretty obvious implications.

RC-135 Rivet Joint airborne in south east Poland too.

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

If he presses the button, he dies. He knows that.

People have been arguing (even in this forum) that nukes are a good thing for preserve peace. Clearly that only works as long as someone is indeed willing to press the button. That is also the problem with nukes — that someone might. If no one were prepared to to that, nukes would be pointless.

I wouldn’t argue that they’re a good thing, but while the other lot have them it makes no sense to get rid of them.

As I said before, the radio play The Letter of Last Resort gives an excellent insight into the psychology of it. It is based on an incoming Prime Minister of the UK having to sit down and write their letters of last resort.

EGLM & EGTN

Airborne_Again wrote:

Do you consider the Chernobyl area to be “friendly territory”?

Even Russian propaganda outlet rt.com confirms that Russian troops have occupied the area. (I could say something about “ignorance” here, but I won’t.)

Airborne_Again wrote:

Clearly that only works as long as someone is indeed willing to press the button.

It works because someone believes (with 100% certainty) that someone else is willing to push the button. Yet everyone are 100% sure they themselves will never ever push the button (not fist anyway). Besides, the US has shown that the willingness certainly is real, so the whole dilemma is mute. It’s a similar principle as putting the finger on the table telling the other guy to chop it off. The other guy is sure the first guy will move his finger, while the first guy is sure the other guy will never actually chop it off. Just act a bit off the edge and spontaneous, and the first guy will surely remove his finger (or show that he is a complete idiot and lose his finger)

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message