Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Russian invasion of Ukraine

We have some special rules for this thread, in addition to the normal EuroGA Guidelines. The basic one is that EuroGA will not be a platform for pro Russian material. For that, there are many sites on the internet. No anti Western posts. Most of us live in the "West" and enjoy the democratic and material benefits. Non-complying posts will be deleted and, if the poster is a new arrival, he will be banned.

Selectively though…

Meanwhile, according to sources cited by the Telegram channel Aviatorschina, the Russian airlines that operate domestically-made aircraft, such as the Tu-204 and the Il-76, continue flying to China.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Selectively though…

Sure. For one thing, there shouldn’t be any airworthiness issues as Russia can manufacture spare parts themselves for its own designs. Another thing is that I wouldn’t expect Tu’s and Il’s to be leased from western companies.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Russians bombed some GA airfield near Kiev

This is interesting

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Russians bombed some GA airfield near Kiev

This is Korotich, near Kharkov. If you want to see destruction of airfields near Kyiv, I have some pictures of Buzova and Nalivaikovka, where my Europa is based (a miracle that it is still in 1 piece!).

Belgium

It is very relevant to GA. We do actually have a number of pilots here who are in Ukraine.

Russia is sending their last stock of cruise missiles to Kiev etc, using the really stupid claim that it is in revenge for Ukraine getting longer range weapons (HIMARS etc). Well, Russia has been bombing all of Ukraine anyway. They really must think the world was born yesterday.

Normally Kiev shoots down most or all cruise missiles, by concentrating air defences there. But some will eventually get through.

Administrator

This is quite interesting. Out of some Russian equipment. Google on the number UL 03081 shows it to be most definitely ITAR (at the time; now it is pretty old) yet the Russians managed to get hold of some “production quantity”.

This is quite funny too

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This is interesting

Reorganizing to per capita makes it more interesting:

Or perhaps even more so when making it as % of GDP

Estonia and Latvia has donated more than 1/3 of their entire defense budgets to Ukraine. That’s incredible.

I would however take those numbers with a big grain of salt, except Estonia, Latvia, Poland and perhaps the US. Norway, Sweden and Finland has since long stopped commenting on military aid to Ukraine. France has since the war started shut the lid on information etc.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Estonia and Latvia has donated more than 1/3 of their entire defense budgets to Ukraine. That’s incredible.

Fairly obvious why, when one looks at the map Putin will be going in there next, if he can.

Administrator

Hey guys, apologies to ask for help once more. I just got the following message from ‘’our guests’’ in the house still relating to Sweden. (as they are sorting paperwork in Annecy, I’m travelling atm) Thank you for some of the private messages re clothing from my last post on this topic.

‘’hi Wim, sorry to disturb and ask for help again. My friends in Sweden have to leave their hosts house as their relatives are arriving for Summer. They are on the train to Stockholm, but don’t have any friends and are unaware of any of the volunteer organisations. Can I ask you to write your Sweden (sic) friends and maybe they know contacts where my friends can ask for help?’’

So here goes my Swedish aviation friend, can anyone help pls?

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Peter wrote:

Putin will be going in there next, if he can.

Yep the “liberation” of Kaliningrad or rather the way there has been something they wish to achieve since WW2. Which means, if you look at a map, that Lithuania is most probably next and the roads into Kaliningrad are coming from Belarus right through Vilnius. In all probability, he’d try to take all the Baltic states before moving into Finland, should they really get NATO membership.

Or in order not to attack NATO countries just yet, go to Finland first and get a regime change to prevent them from joining up. Which could really only be achieved by a naval assault onto Helsinki or by taking out the Finnish government with a cruise missile or worse attack. The question would be how NATO would react to that.

The big argument against that however is that he is stretching his capabilities even now in Ukraine. So even if he does think of it, he does not really have the military capacity, also Belarus is not likely to allow him to use their territory as a jumping ground for attacking NATO.

It is still mindboggling how massively they screwed up the initial assault on Ukraine. Were they really deluded enough to imagine to be welcomed there as liberators? And are they possibly still deluded enough to imagine similar stuff in the Baltics?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message