Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Energy saving measures around the house

Graham wrote:

it looked like it was talking about maximum output in the region 4-5kW

There are 3 version: 6300, 6600 and 8700. The 6300 has max 6.3 kW at +7 deg C outside temperature and so on. The nominal heating (whatever nominal is supposed to mean, continuous?) is: 3.2, 4.0 and 6.0 kW at +7 deg. They use 0.6, 0.82 and 1.48 kW under that “nominal” usage.

It has a separate heating element for defrosting (cable/rods). Looking a bit, it seems this is the usual method for other heat pumps also.

Lots of other manufacturers and models. One important thing is to get one with the A+++ marking, or at least A++. Others will work, but COP is much lower.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Not really. Today there is no other option though, or the best option for other reasons. If your house already is all electric, then all those old bulbs will simply add to the heating.

Fair play.
I live in Florida though, so I’m trying to get rid of the heat ;)

This is an LED lamp with a life of 25k hours

details

As is normal, failed after ~1k hrs. A lot of this stuff is a con.

Unfortunately I don’t know of a solution for mains powered lamps. They all seem to be junk. I have used the “long life” lamps for ~20 years. Originally the fluorescent tube ones (life 5k hrs, usually achieving 1k hrs) and lately the LED ones (life 25k+ hrs, usually blowing up before 1k hrs). The ones which seem to work are the 12V ones for ceiling use

but I buy the pricey ones which have a decent natural spectrum, like this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am glad I am not the only one finding the sales figures for low energy an LED lamps a con.

France
104 Posts
Sign in to add your message