Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA Foreign Validation Lost

Good evening,

I have recently lost my FAA foreign validation certificate. Is there any way for me to use a representative of the FAA in Europe instead of travelling to an FSDO in the US?

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

Why don’t you just call the FAA? Either Oklahoma City or the NY FSDO, which, AIUI, deals with European matters.

Order a replacement certificate on the FAA Airmen Services site.

London, United Kingdom

Just wanted to know if anybody has had to deal with that before.
The website states: „airmen applying for a replacement certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under 14 CFR Part 61, Section 61.75 or 14 CFR Part 63, Section 63.42, must complete and submit a Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form to the Airmen Certification Branch and appear at a FSDO for positive identification to make application for a replacement certificate.“
My question would be if I absolutely have to travel to the US for this. Will call them in the coming days

eri
ELLX, Luxembourg

eri wrote:

My question would be if I absolutely have to travel to the US for this. Will call them in the coming days

Round trips these days are less than $400 if you book a bit in advance.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

I just paid $2100 for a round trip in June, but in November paid $550 for the exact same itinerary and flight numbers. Flights are more expensive originating the US but that provides a comparison.

It depends a great deal on the time of the year. There is a dramatic upward shift in prices starting in roughly mid-May – so go now if you want to save money, and go somewhere warm so you can enjoy the weather.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Feb 15:49

eri wrote:

The website states: „airmen applying for a replacement certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under 14 CFR Part 61, Section 61.75 or 14 CFR Part 63, Section 63.42, must complete and submit a Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification form to the Airmen Certification Branch and appear at a FSDO for positive identification to make application for a replacement certificate.“

I fear yes. I called them when my flight-bag with EU and US certificates got stolen. Luckily the person on the phone saw that it had been issued a few weeks before and solved the problem with a “Ah I see it has recently been sent to you. I will report that it has never arrived and we will send you a new one. You’re lucky in your un-luck otherwise you had to redo the whole process”

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Luckily the person on the phone saw that it had been issued a few weeks before and solved the problem with a “Ah I see it has recently been sent to you. I will report that it has never arrived and we will send you a new one. You’re lucky in your un-luck otherwise you had to redo the whole process”

That’s midwest culture at work I’ve had similar experiences with the common sense of the FAA office personnel in Oklahoma City

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Feb 16:39

I have two 61.75s, based on near-identical licence numbers (JAR and EASA). Don’t throw away any old ones.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message