Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An interesting article on GA aircraft noise levels

With the Bose A20 the SR22 is really not noisy, actually (like Peter) the first time i pressed on the ANR button I thought the engine had stopped :-)

I do love the ANR and will be investing in a pair of ANR headsets in the new year. This topic brought back another memory which still makes me chuckle. I used to fly a Bonnie that had, as standard, ANR headsets. I had a bird strike in the aircraft and on the way back to home base and shortly after the strike the batteries in my passengers headset went flat and he suddenly had the roar of the engine in his ears. A trouser changing moment for him as he thought something had fallen off the plane as a result of the strike. I had the giggles all the way home. He eventually found his sense of humour. Hehehehehe. Sorry for the thread drift.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Slight thread dift here but I bumped into an instructor find of mine who works for an organisation that has just brought 2 or it might be 3 diesel PA28. The first thing he went on about was how quite they are inside.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message