Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

JeppFD-VFR - is the Italian airspace correct on this product?

Don’t know about the airspace but there is an update in the iTunes store – bug fix

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter,

impossible to tell with certainty from these screenshots. Obviously, even if one studied the program at length with the AIP in the other hand, one could only make 98%-statements.
However, it does look alright. The TMAs and their famous “VFR sectors” seem to be depicted correctly. I wouldn’t expect anything else though. They got it right on their paper charts so they should get it right in digital format.

One can see that it is updated at the least to the 01/14 AIRAC cycle, which was when the last significant airspace change came about (northeast corner of Italy). It probably is much more up to date than that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

That’s good info – thanks. If you can think of a very specific thing one could check, tell me where and I will post a screenshot.

A pity this product is not available on a PC! Even on the Ipad2 screen size, the portion of the map which is visible is not that large. It’s OK to just have it running as a moving map during flight but for any planning one does a huge amount of panning, and the panning has the frustrating delays.

Downloaded the app update now – came out today. No evident change.

Last Edited by Peter at 19 May 19:56
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For example, there should be a trapezoid piece of airspace between Trento and Bolzano (Brenner valley), which is a very unique thing. A good indicator for how much work went into the product. Skydemon has it.

Also, there should be a multitude of very small natural park areas to the south and west of Trento.

It seems to be all there

Administrator

Yep. however, the green natural parks stand out very poorly from the surrounding green mountains. Used to be much better on paper…

Old paper chart:

Administrator
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message