Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fantasy flying...

Your long lost relative has sadly just met their maker, but on the flip side, they have given you a "free aircraft voucher" which you can redeem for any aircraft of your choice, so long as you keep it forever & never fly another aircraft type again.

What aircraft would you cash the voucher in for?

Does the voucher cover operating costs as well?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I saw and fell in love with this at Chino - never flown it -but I'm convinced that I could have a lifetime of fun with it.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

What in God's name is that thing!?

Egnm, United Kingdom

EGKB Biggin Hill

... and Peter O'Toole will instruct Genghis.....

My dream fly....

But, I can afford the gas for this....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Making it monogamous forever makes my choice a lot less exciting...

With that significant limitation it'd be a Marchetti SF260, because it checks the most boxes in one aircraft... (almost) four seat, interesting, fast, aerobatic, fairly practical, exotic, pretty, stick controls.

Does the voucher cover operating costs as well?

Yes, I suppose it really ought to-it would be churlish otherwise

That said, whilst the title said fantasy flying, it is interesting to throw on the constraint of having to run the thing yourself. If it's pricey, it'll prove how much you'd like it!

Specify both!

Oh and for all of us non plane spotters, pictures are great, but tell us what it is as well

We are not spotters sir, we are very knowledgeable enthusiasts.

Specifically I'm enthusiastic about a Grumman J2F-6 Duck, whilst Timothy is I believe enthuiastic about a Beech 18.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

If the voucher included running costs, it would have to be an F15. Imagine being able to go places at Mach 2.5 and accelerate in a vertical climb.

If the voucher didn't include the running costs, then it would have to be something much more frugal. I think a DynAero MCR4S would do nicely. 4 Seats. Great payload. 120kts on 18ltrs per hour.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message