Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ugliest aircraft ever

My god that first one is even worse than the AEW variant of the Fairey Gannet (an aircraft that had already been beaten by the ugly stick getting a huge jutting chin in the form of the electronics sensor package it carried)

The Auster Agricola is fairly hideous too. Only one remains flying today (it was brought back from NZ to the UK and restored, and now flies around the UK)

Last Edited by alioth at 15 Aug 10:57
Andreas IOM

What about (it makes it up with the best reg ever)?

Last Edited by geekyflyer at 15 Aug 10:59

Right. The gloves are clearly off.

I’m probably gonna alienate about 75% of the pilot population, but…

Btw, Mark 1, thanks for the Stipa-Caproni reference – never heard about that one before. I googled it a bit; what a fascinating & bizarre aircraft.

Last Edited by Hodja at 15 Aug 14:06

I wouldn’t say a Bonanza is the prettiest thing ever built, but to me it has totally conventional looks, so I couldn’t see how anyone could pick it out for ugliness?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Has this been mentioned already?

EDDS - Stuttgart

I think the Long EZ looks very ugly!

I am still working on modifying the SR22 with Photoshop so that it becomes a really ugly aircraft, just to nag Boscomantico.
I’m no good at this and need help.. But maybe even with Photoshop that darned Cirrus will still not be ugly.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I wouldn’t say a Bonanza is the prettiest thing ever built, but to me it has totally conventional looks, so I couldn’t see how anyone could pick it out for ugliness?

Quite right – too strong a word. It’s just its wagon queen family truckster design that strikes me as conspicuously outdated compared to contemporary designs. I can’t fault the plane itself, nor its pilots! (Neil & ANTEK, don’t be mad!)

The old V-tails are still cool, though:

That is a Great photograph of the V tail

Now a beautiful Bonanza thread……

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 17 Aug 09:31
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Agree. The short body Bonanzas are nice, while the 36 models do indeed look a bit out of proportion (a bit like the Cessna 207). I have never flown a 36 though, and every 36 pilot I talked to really really liked it, so I’m curious to fly one.

Of the 35s, the only ones I don’t like are the mid-vintage ones with the small third window…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message