Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To restore some balance but I suspect its too late - DH82

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Isn’t it Timothy’s job to provide translations?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Ah, that would explain, yes…

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

“Bubbly” is probably this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is there a special reason the above is encoded so as to be decipherable by as few people as possible?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Great picture of “it tries” Pitts.

Silvaire, the picture of the Luscombe is supa. It makes me green with envy. Thanks for the C120 comments. Today is a fantastic day for flying and I should be in the air in my share-o-plane but instead, it is sat in the hangar and if I am lucky it will be in the air towards the end of November and then it will be winter and possible bogy runways and and and………………….. never mind, “everything comes to he who will wait”.

It is my birthday next week. I am working on the actual day but free either side of it. I will try find summit interesting to fly to celebrate in the absence of Mavis. Stampe, Tiger, Extra 301 (if I ask very nicely, ), Chippie or maybe a needle chasing exercise in a spam can. Options are endless IF the weather plays ball. I am also approaching another mile stone in my log book and might pop some bubbly if that happens too.

Shoreham

Bloomer, the C120 is a great soggy thing with non-existent ailerons that performs like a 65HP Luscombe on 90 HP. However it has higher quality of construction, pressed aluminum construction versus students with snips and files, and that’s why Cessna took over the market as they did. Speaking of Luscombes, here’s one I like… (another guy flying it)

It flies – the S-2A photo is great, the Jungmann photo even better! There something great about framing your view of the world with wings and wires. The Jungmeister is based not so terribly far away from where you flew the S-2B, and we have a local fly-in for them – although in truth its hardly necessary as I think more than 10 Jungmans and 3 Jungmeisters are based locally. Here’s the three Jungmeisters in formation…

And some Jungmanns, ready to go on the ground

Last Edited by Silvaire at 05 Oct 00:58

A few more.

The view from my regular aerobatic mount, the Pitts S-2A.

Some vintage touring. The island of Texel seen from a Casa Jungmann.

And learning how to do wheelers in a Pitts S-2B at the Tutima Academy in California.

EHLE

The pictures posted so far are cracking. Ta very much. Hope there are more to come with the interesting snippets of commentary posted against them.

I am on the look out for something else to fly more permanently as Mavis seems to spend more time as a hangar queen than in the air. I am hopeful it has been the exception this year rather than the norm. Very frustrating non the less. So I am enjoying the pictures very much. There is or was a share in a C120 I think at Redhill but think that may be a tad to far to travel? Anyone care to comment on the C120’s manners? Headcorn would be an ideal base. Anyhow I am drifting the thread. Hahahaha.

Keep em coming.

Shoreham

Are the main wheels moved forward when the tailwheel and brakes are fitted?

The undercarriage is unchanged. Only different hubs with cable operated drum brakes are fitted.

Silvaire, that’s a very nice Jungmeister. Where is it based? A couple of weeks ago I attended the Bücker fly-in in Albstadt-Degerfeld where I saw another example in Swiss Air Force markings. It made me want to pull our Jungmeister project from the attic and rebuild it to resemble this one:

EHLE
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message