Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My new model

Just arrived. Superb craftsmanship. Pride of place on my desk..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

That’s a really beautiful model, BB – I can absolutely see why you’re proud to have it on your desk. But d’you manage to get any work done while you’re dreaming of your next trip?

Bordeaux

Geeez – that is beautiful! Is that your plane??

There was a company in the Czech Republic which made very good models. One guy in the USA used them to get a model of his TB10 done. It wasn’t cheap…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do you know a website where it’s possible to make a model of my own plane ?

LFOZ Orleans, France, France

Beautiful indeed.. Scale? Options for different scales?
Nitpicking maybe, but the only thing that puts me off a little is that prop. I mean, you are looking at an emergency all the time I’d prefer a glass circle. And some engine noise of course

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I like the prop better. After all the airplane doesn’t move, so the “frozen” prop is correct :-))

Thanks guys for the comments. Yes, it is my plane, and there is a story to this. A gentleman called Martin Weir, founded the company, Nice Airplanes, I got in touch about eight months ago, he was very attentive to detail, and I sent him a bundle of photographs. We discussed my ‘model’, I then did not hear anything. I had not paid a deposit, so in a sense I wrote it off.

I then received an e mail, telling me he had died suddenly, on the 16th August after a short illness, diagnosed leukaemia. The family, were attempting to pick up the pieces, and to continue the business. They traced my finished model, and it was delivered last week.

www.niceairplanes.com

You should check it out, some really good stuff.

I agree re the prop, but they have even painted it exactly as the plane, with the Hartzell transfers also. Quite incredible…

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 05 Oct 09:14
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Wow, can you please post a picture of the REAL plane? I really like the color – sky blue :-)

A sad story, indeed … But I have a nice model too, wait a minute :-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 05 Oct 09:46

21 Posts
Sign in to add your message