Windy

Hit a 395 knot GS at one point.

Last Edited by JasonC at 02 Jan 17:19
EGTK Oxford

Where is the GS displayed?

I also can’t find the VS…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

GS not on that display only the wind vector. VS to right of altimeter tape. Black box means level flight.

EGTK Oxford

A 100-110 knot turbulent headwind all the way from FL200-380 Cologne back to UK. Came back at FL400 and it was 80 knots and smooth. Thankful for a Troposphere.

At least it was down to a gentle 12knot crosswind on landing. Unlike EDDB yesterday morning…

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Unlike EDDB yesterday morning…

Yesterday morning was indeed interesting. Quite smooth during cruise (we were only at FL300 or so) but already with more than 100KT wind from the north-west. On landing at EDVE we had a westerly wind with 25kt gusting to 40…45. The last part of the landing is over some trees which makes it even more turbulent. After landing, one of the passengers commented “I really didn’t think we were going to land”.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Yes I had:

METAR EDDB 181120Z 28029G40KT 9999 FEW017 SCT028 12/07 Q1008 NOSIG=

EGTK Oxford

The weather this last week has made me glad I’m back flying something with 65t of inertia for the winter rather than 8.5t!

Winter ops is coming with the north wind this weekend too…

London area

The weather this last week has made me glad I’m back flying something with 65t of inertia for the winter rather than 8.5t!

Hey I am enjoying 4t vs 2.3t!

EGTK Oxford

I enjoy 1.45t vs 1.05 ;-)

JasonC wrote:

Yes I had:

This makes me wonder what crosswind landing technique is used in the Mustang, as well as in larger jets. I often get the impression the larger ones land in a crab. Are the ones with engines on the wings as opposed to on the fuselage limited in terms of how much sideslip (wing low) can be used?

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message