Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

I blend whole fruits/vegetables getting juice with all ingredients rather than making pressed juice.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Wild garlic, 5 mins from my office

Eat this every day and nothing will get you, because nobody will come close enough

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

We then juice some of it

But Peter, by juicing it you’re throwing all the fibre away and just drinking the sugar!
Eat the fruits and vegs whole, that’s the healthiest way! :)

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 29 Apr 13:29
EDDW, Germany

Eat the fruits and vegs whole, that’s the healthiest way

We do, but with e.g. carrots you would not want to eat that many carrots.

british_cuisine_is_bad_oh_yeah_think_again/

That’s not even food… that’s more like standard UK GA airfield stuff

Administrator

It can’t be, it wasn’t fried in used AD oil :-)

Andreas IOM

Peter wrote:

That’s not even food… that’s more like standard UK GA airfield stuff

Not the British cuisine I know…. where are the pies, where are the chippolatas, eggs, black pudding and all the other tasty stuff?

I’ve got wild garlic in my garden here, growing wild of course :). Love it in burgers or in the traditional Swiss Bratwurst which comes seasonally with wild garlic.

I’d think it tastes well in this recipe too….

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

From here

I am not sure about that. Most “old” people are not obese. There is a saying in the medical profession that people gain 1lb each year up to some age (say 60) and then lose 1lb each year after that. Most people of say 80+ are thin. In N Europe, and including the UK, obesity is concentrated in the young to middle age. And it depends a lot on the culture; in some (non European) cultures more or less everybody who has come into money eats as much as they can.

Administrator

BMI is an unreliable measure. A recent newspaper report mentioned a study that walking speed was more important than BMI. Another study, equating “fit” as “no morbidities” found no difference between “fat” and “fat and fit”.
Suggestion: Fat is bad. Fat and young is also bad lifestyle
Bone and muscle are not bad. High BMI with low bone and muscle means much fat, and is very bad. High BMI with low fat is OK.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I am not sure about that. Most “old” people are not obese. There is a saying in the medical profession that people gain 1lb each year up to some age (say 60) and then lose 1lb each year after that. Most people of say 80+ are thin. In N Europe, and including the UK, obesity is concentrated in the young to middle age. And it depends a lot on the culture; in some (non European) cultures more or less everybody who has come into money eats as much as they can.

My experience as a healthcare professional is that lots and lots of old people are overweight. Only two weeks ago I had to get a patient out of a care home who was 120 kg, despite having had both legs amputated. Lots of very ill, overweight patients, who nevertheless don’t die for years, make up quite a lot of our work in medicine.

Peter’s observation is probably still correct to some degree, because the overweight people die off faster/sooner, so by age 80 their relative numbers have dwindled (as said above, they still make up a notable part of our “recurrent customers”

Interestingly, an again notable part of the people I have declared dead in my career have been dangerously underweight at the time of death. Which confirms several studies that underweight people have insufficient “reserves” to withstand severe diseases. So, either extreme is unhealthy and being of normal weight is highly desirable, whereas normal is not what is shown in magazines and photo shootings…

See also Maroaigh’s post above.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message