Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

If you ate big macs only, in the “right quantity” (whatever quantity that may be) you will get quite ill within a few months.

Okay, you misnderstod me. What I really wanted to say was that the MIXTURE has to be right. Eat a Big Mac once or twice a month and it will NEVER be a problem. OF COURSE you cannot “only” eat Big Macs :-)

I watched a science documentary where they compared a McD Hamburger with the ingrediants of the best health food. Result: nothing in there that’s really bad. It’s the “add ons” that make the kids fat, and the gallons of soda junk they drink there.

Czech and Bavarian food are somewhat similar, correct. The difference is that in BAVRIAN cities like Munich almost nobody eats “Bavarian”. We eat almost only international stuff, from Indian to Thai and MUCH more vegetables and salads than the Czech. Mostly tourists eat Bavarian food ;-)

The OTHER difference is that czech food works a lot heavy sauces, lots of butter etc. Their cookies are delicious, for example, better than Bavarian ones … but I for one better stay away from them :-)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 10 Jan 20:00

Don’t all Bavarians live on schweinshaxe and gulaschsuppe. With sauerkraut and those dumpling things?

Or is that just a grave insult to about a million people?

Last Edited by Neil at 10 Jan 20:35
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Or is that just a grave insult to about a million people?

Pretty well, yes.

Last Edited by JasonC at 10 Jan 20:46
EGTK Oxford

Well, I am born in the capital of Bavaria, lived here all my life and no, the typical Bavarian of my generation and younger does not typically eat a lot of Bavarian food. we DO it, every once in a while – but italian food is much more popular. I for one eat meat maybe once a week, and prefer fish, salads … or pasta (my personal addiction)

Like in all big cities in Germany people eat very internationally. Every now and then it’s fun to eat that stuff though.

I just think it is worrying that EuroGA now has a cooking forum.

EGTK Oxford

Yes ;-)

Don’t worry – i for one cannot cook, and do not intend to learn it. I actually hate cooking shows on TV.

Cooking shows on TV are just staged opportunities for big-name people to make yet more money and sell yet more books on how to cook tasty but stodgy and greasy crap for impressing people at a dinner party.

Just my opinion

Healthy food takes very little preparation.

Anyway, if you removed all airport food, what would happen to some 90% of GA flying?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anyway, if you removed all airport food, what would happen to some 90% of GA flying?

In the UK the volume of GA would increase. Food here is rubbish.

EGTK Oxford

achimha 04-Dec-14 18:59 #13
You can also eat the cow that has eaten beetroot all its life. That’s basically a beetroot concentrate!

Achim is right. Ive never heard of a cow with high blood pressure.

KHTO, LHTL

I once met a man in his 90s, still working in a demanding job, He hadn’t seen a doctor in 20 years and he looked several decades younger. He put it down to eating several grams of aspirin a day for decades. He eventually came down with bad stomach ulcers…

Last Edited by kwlf at 11 Jan 09:54
Sign in to add your message