Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How many hours have you done in 2014?

€ 1,80 for Avgas

In the New Year, in Germany prices of fuel have almost not changed even though the price of crude oil has almost halved.
Of great interest would be countries as Greece and Turkey, which have frequently been avoided due to extraordinary fuel prices.
We know some places with fancy prices where one get the impression as they wanted no GA tourism.
In 2014 I had 70 hours flying time. 1,80 Euro/l would increase not only my flying time a lot.

Berlin, Germany

Here it is:

UK is also going down rather drastically in some places, around 1,50£, which, despite the current bad exchange rate, works out to about 1,95€.

See here.

Landshut is still 2.49€ as per Skydemon. Prices haven’t moved all that much in Germany yet. Let’s hope this will come in spring. Anyway, looks like 2015 will be a good year from that side of things.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Jan 20:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bosco: € 1,80 for Avgas? I am still in France but i wonder what it will be in EDML!
I’ll rent a fuel truck and fill it up!

Final tally: 338 hours. 219 flights.

EGTK Oxford

I came to about 77 hours in total.

53 hours were on SR20 including my instrument training and 24 hours on SR22 flying IFR in Germany.

As I left in June for China my flying had stopped at that point and I’m about to resume now that I’m back. I look forward to make use of an SR22 – it seems that it is going to be turbo-normalized model – for business travel in 2015 and I also updated http://www.stephan-schwab.com/airtravel/ with the latest thoughts and actual experiences as well.

Frequent travels around Europe

Airplane (SEP) = 31h48mn as follows
-——————————————————DAY——————-NIGHT————-TOTAL—————Of which IFR
Dual (airplane) ————————————22:04:00————-4:17:00————-26:21:00————-2:41:00
PIC (airplane)—————————————-4:20:00————-1:07:00—————-5:27:00
Airplane (SEP) total——————————26:24:00————-5:24:00—————31:48:00————2:41:00

Airplane types:
DR250 = 2:16:00
DR221 = 5:14:00
DR400 = 8:43:00
TB20GT = 15:35:00

Plus 40h09mn glider, total powered + unpowered flight time = 71h57mn

Last Edited by Nestor at 03 Jan 00:16
LFLY, France

Around 125 hours total, the number would be higher but my Socata is not FIKI equipped unfortunately. I am flying more than before thanks to newly acquired IR rating. It is still money and weather, which affects my flying the most. In other words, I can imagine going to more and further places both on private and business trips if the right equipment and funds were available. On the other side, the “right equipment” would shrink the number of hours in the air as it would be at least 50 – 100% faster than what I have right now.

LKHK, Czech Republic

This was my first full calendar year of flying.

I have 47,35 hours as PIC + 2,4 hours under supervision for the EFIS checkout. All VFR day, all Cessna, mostly 172, some 152.

I’m quite satisfied with that number, I was anticipating much less. While I hope to keep the rate up, I may need to find more sources of income to fund this… argh. Why didn’t I pick Chess as a hobby? Far cheaper.

Happy new year!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I did 96:45 hours total time in 2014, of which 82:35 IFR.
05:00 hours night time.

75 landings, of which 4 at night.

Most hours have been flown with a Diamond DA40.

I probably did another 75hrs as P2 in the right hand seat, but these hours are not logged…

I had an alternator failure in IMC with a rented PA28. Otherwise all flights uneventful in 2014 :)

Weather wise 2014 was a very good flying year for me. I cancelled one flight due to low temperatures / icing risk.
And I did one diversion due to thunderstorms enroute. I actually never saw these thunderstorms, but the ADL120 told me ;-)
And I was stuck with a motor glider at the island Juist EDWJ for two nights because of sea fog.

I did three Alp crossings (Mali Losinj | Calvi/Portoroz | Venice).

Most of my IFR hours were actually flown in nice VMC. Worst IFR conditions I’ve seen were 300ft cloud base and 1200m vis.
I deliberately went flying with that conditions last month to practice some approaches. In my view one needs to fly in that conditions every now and then to keep current.

Wish you all a healthy 2015, and happy landings!

I’ve got just short of 79 in total. This includes tailwheel conversion and a start on my FI course.

The rest is probably 80% SR22 and 20% RV-7.

Cheers

Oxford and Bidford
43 Posts
Sign in to add your message