Banner
Welcome to our forums

My bird starts singing

10 Posts

I put a pictures of a presentation of the aircraft under construction

I want to close the wings “now”

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

And what (type of) aeroplane is that, or is that going to be? Junqua IBIS canard, perhaps?
Or, no, the intended direction of flight must be towards the shed, not away from it as I first thought.
I am sure your messages of progress will be at least equally welcome at http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com !

Last Edited by at 25 Jan 15:36
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Nice photos! The wing has a very close rib spacing….

The Airplane is a Gazaile, a french design, by plans.

Is a airplane very similar to a MCR-01, similar performances.

Yes the rib spacing is very close because this wing is a laminar profil, and the wing is closed with thin plywood

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

I noticed some English language info is available here Link

Last Edited by Silvaire at 25 Jan 18:35

Very nice Yes, lots of ribs. I primed the main gear of my Onex yesterday, soon it will stand on it’s own

From the info:

Wooden aircrafts are usually easier to build to a great number of builder

This can be heard from time to time, but I can’t imagine this to be true. The easiest by far must be 6061 aluminium. 6061 (instead of 2024) because there are virtually no corrosion issues, yet it’s more than strong enough for the sheet thickness required for structural stiffness in a small aircraft. With wood however, I guess it is possible/easier to achieve more aerodynamic shapes, like a laminar flow wing. A laminar flow wing is probably possible by gluing the alu skin, but then it gets very complicated again, and wood is better? With wood you can sand out any imperfections. Hmm

The Citroen diesel engine is very interesting indeed. 80 kg is that the total all up weight with the reduction drive etc?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

the citroen diesel the weight is about 90-100kg bad is the power is very low 45 hp. 1.5Liter.
Its possible put the citroen gas 80 hp.
http://www.passionavion.fr/moteur.html

My idea is to put a Rotax 912 80hp

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Anyone even remotely interested in the Gazaile design should attend the yearly meeting of the French homebuilders association RSA France – for the last couple of years it has been in mid-July at the Vichy aerodrome. I have seen one there every year and I even believe the designer tends to be present.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

yes, also can make test flight in the airfield Brest (Next to normandia)

the latest variable pitch propeller built at home.

http://gazaile2.nmr7.free.fr/helice_pas_variable.html

Last Edited by celtico at 26 Jan 18:02
pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

The propeller website is a good read, even if one can only ‘read’ the photos (French not being among the languages spoken in my house ) The electric pitch control setup looks similar to an MT: brushes + slip rings, rotating motor, tie wraps retaining wires etc.

The prop structurally attaches the carbon fiber to the hub, which prevents delamination structural failures – as seen with some inexpensive non-certified wood propellers. Another approach is to make the CF so thin that the bond to the wood will retain it, suitable where CF is used primarily as weather protection and for cosmetics.

Interesting to see what people make.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Jan 21:05
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message