Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New engine for LSA

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Interesting. Seems to be very early yet, no real picture.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That looks familiar… Ninety degree v-twins can be good engines, especially if low speed operation (and thereby uneven firing interval) isn’t a major issue. I don’t like cam chains or cam chain tensioners in either application, and would not buy an aircraft engine with that feature. On the newer high cam Guzzi engines they hide the cam chains behind the cylinders to allow better air cooling.

(The actual Guzzi produced aircraft engine was based on the smaller 750 cc platform, what’s pictured is 1400 cc)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Mar 17:21

This brand new Verner 7 cyl radial is probably more in your taste Silvaire

Rather remarkable actually.
4.4 liter, 110 HP at 2300 rpm (97 continuous at 2000 rpm), magnesium casing, only 80 kg.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Last Edited by celtico at 02 Mar 18:12
pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

This brand new Verner 7 cyl radial is probably more in your taste Silvaire

Actually I think flat fours are the best solution for my needs (i.e. under 200 HP) Air cooled radials are good if you need a piston engine over say 350 HP – which I don’t. Over 350 HP is also where I think turbo-diesels may start to make technical sense because the cylinder count can be less than for a radial.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Mar 18:28

One more

a Viking engine

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

Celtico,

These people are wasting their time and money. LSA’s (and other light aircraft) should be powered by electric motors. This will become a reality sooner than we think given the promising developments in battery technology that are buzzing. Moore’s law will apply here as well, driven by the automotive industry finally waking up. Thanks Tesla..

OK, people, bring it on..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I prefer for now to the last drop of liquid fuel

I do not believe in electric engines. and less on Tesla cars

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL

LSA’s (and other light aircraft) should be powered by electric motors.

I agree to that. For the time being, electric aircraft are all proof of concept kind of things. But several are available commercial.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message