Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Angelina Jolie pilot

I met her at Denham when she was training. I managed to crack a joke that made her smile which rather made my day!

Forever learning
EGTB

She did her PPL in Denham?

A few years ago, there were loads of photos on the www of her training in the USA, with some old guy instructor.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
I agree, it’s not nice… for all we know she might be a member of euroga.

Angelina, if you’re reading this, please ignore all negative comments. We’re nice people and please come for the next fly in.

Frankly, although people are generally very nice on EuroGA, whenever anything touching on relations come up, the general attitude is not very – ah – egalitarian.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

QuoteI met her at Denham when she was training. I managed to crack a joke that made her smile which rather made my day!

Stick – Fancy a coffee Angie?
Angie – wry smile – maybe tomorrow Stick. I have three circuits to complete

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

A few years ago, there were loads of photos on the www of her training in the USA, with some old guy instructor.

What! even older than the old guys on ’ere?

Egnm, United Kingdom

Yep, an old guy. From hearsay: she first had a young instructor, but he could not concentrate on the flying part and resigned.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I would think that training any really high profile person is likely to be a poisoned chalice (for want of a better expression).

Same for training a female student who turns up provocatively dressed. And they do that… driving instructors get a lot of it too.

I don’t think the problem is with the instructor’s concentration. Well, maybe in some countries with a different (macho) culture it might be… The problem will IMHO be the amount of p1sstake which the instructor is going to get. And that assumes that the said student is actually capable of learning to fly and doesn’t assume that a PPL can be bought, etc.

To be clear – I have absolutely no idea about Angelina Jolie’s flying and she might be a brilliant pilot. Actually I thought she has a CPL/IR so she must be pretty good. Easy enough to check on faa.gov if that is her real name…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think her budget has more to say than her taste.

Except from the Cirrus, she has shown good taste in both aircraft and wine. I mean a whole chateau (full of wine I assume) with a vintage airplane is hard to beat.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I have yet to see the plane (let alone to fly it) and I have yet to taste the wine…
So her good taste remains unproven for me, as yet she is under the advantage of lack of proof.

Then again, someone rightly doubted whether the budget is hers.
’nough said for me.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Emir, you’ve gotta admit that she’s got pretty good taste in aircraft!

Now I know why she’s my favorite

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message