Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gifts for pilots

A few people have been very good to me, in terms of helping out with my aircraft whilst it has been being fixed up. But the truth of the matter is I’m based a long way away from it, and don’t know them particularly well. One is an aircraft mechanic. The other, a professional pilot who has put the aircraft up in his hangar for several months. Both men in their 40s.

I’ve put a fair amount of fuel on account and put them on the insurance so they can fly it around a bit whilst I’m getting my tailwheel rating sorted, but I’m told that a bottle of Whiskey probably wouldn’t go down well. I’ve had a look on Amazon for aircraft memorabilia, but not found anything that jumped out at me.

Any suggestions as to good gifts, not necessarily aviation related?

Shameless plug for my family business!

http://www.whibleys.com/gifts/cufflinks-en/silver-spitfire-cufflinks-en-2.html

These are Sterling Silver good for the pilot who has everything!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

If the mechanic is the likeable fellow I met, he told stories about sourcing AVGAS for his plane… Perhaps a cash injection to his fuel account or a gift certificate for some other consumable?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 16 Sep 02:37

…but I’m told that a bottle of Whiskey probably wouldn’t go down well.

Those would be the first pilots I ever met who would turn down that kind of present

EDDS - Stuttgart

With all sympathy for the idea of a good botlle – myself would prefer wine over whisky, but that is a secondary matter – I too would think of some kind of gift certificate. You would be supporting your favourite pilot shop at the same time.

But perhaps gift certificates are not a common idea where you live? At least in Germany they are quite common, here is just one example .

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message