Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Wanted - a flight bag

I apologise in advance if this is inappropriate for this forum but it seems to me that someone may have a good flight bag that is seeking a good home after retiring from flying. Having just about destroyed mine I thought I would ask rather than let a good one go to waste. Any offers? Let me know what it is and how much is being asked please. Thanks

UK, United Kingdom

What exactly are you looking for? "Flight bag" leaves much room for interpretation.

Cheers,

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Unfortunately I have just thrown out one of the Transair £100 ones. My son left some food in it and a whole new species of intelligent life was evolving in it.

However I don't think most of those bags are any good in reality. One does not carry the old PPL training junk anymore.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One does not carry the old PPL training junk anymore.

You don't? Don't tell me you do your flight planning without proven hardware?

I use one of these. It does a nice job, and doesn't cost a fortune like one of those aviation branded bags.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

When I began flight training I dug out one of the bags that tend to accumulate in a household over the years, from trade shows, merchandising gifts and whatnot, found a very nice one too. As I have to charter a plane, the bag is loaded to capacity - headset case and yoke mount for the tablet alone are somewhat bulky...

That Pierre Cardin thing looks pretty good though!

EDDS, Germany

Bag recommendation posted at 14.15. Banner advert for it on P***** by 20.53.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

However I don't think most of those bags are any good in reality. One does not carry the old PPL training junk anymore.

Well, you don't, if you fly the same plane all the time. If you are flying a fleet (either as a charter pilot or as an instructor or if the family shares all aeroplanes) you get to carry around stuff, you probably won't find in every plane (fuel sampler cups, screwdriver, dip stick [I never never never never ever never fly without looking into the tanks. The dipstick is the best investment, I have made for my flying equipment, ever], flash/maplight for night flying, a VFR map of the area I am flying in), witch are highly personalised (license, flight log, headset [I really do prefer my own grease in my headset], glasses/sunglasses), a bit of cockpit organisation (plog, kneeboard, pen and paper, navigation utilities) and thing I use for instruction (foggles, AOA indicator [read: a woollen thread and tape for fixing it on a strut], post it notes (for partial panel training), a crayon [for the polish ILS])

The bag doesn't always make it into the cockpit, but definitely to the airfield. I use this one (or its predecessor):

Cheers,

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I now use a small suitcase trolley. I do have my own plane, but I have had some things stolen from it, so anything of value and I own (rather than the group owns) stays with me :-) Plus I like to have with me some of the things mh mentions, and there are charts, copies of pooleys, kneeboard and other planning stuff. I like the small suitecase because it has wheels, and looks less pretentious than the proper pilot cases on wheels, with "crew" tags all over it. Though when I come back from a short local flight, pulling my little suitcase along, people do ask me if I have just come back from a holiday!

As always folks some very good advice and suggestions. I especially like the "advert" and the suitcase trolley. Thanks very much one and all.

UK, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message