Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A pilot watch (mechanical, of course)

Most “pilot watches” are a con in that the seconds dial has 60 seconds on it. They are just a lifestyle statement and are almost impossible to read – except by children

This one is “right”, with a 30-second dial

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What do you need a 30-second dial for?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Sorry – I meant a 30 minute dial.

Administrator

I have dropped a large number of hints to Madame about the Omega Skywalker as a potential wedding present.

In my view, the main requirements for a watch are easy readability (so analogue hands) keeping accurate time, and a UTC dial or function.

London area

That looks nice.

The LCD backlight is a nice touch – presumably it is triggered by pressing something. The luminous hands will be the same chemical as any other “superluminova” watch however i.e. visible only for a certain time

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Sorry – I meant a 30 minute dial.

My question remains.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 03 Nov 12:23
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This one’s a bit ostentatious, but it has 7 day reserve.

LPFR, Poland

The one and only … for me ;-)

Love the moon watch too! Lost mine :(

LPFR, Poland

That’s very bad … ;-(

Mine has the history that I was fascinated by the Apollo program since I was ten (when i watched A11 on TV) …. in 2009 for the 40th anniversary I even wrote a book about it:

http://www.amazon.de/Mond-die-Abenteuer-Apollo-Astronauten-ebook/dp/B007Y1I05K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1446580324&sr=8-3&keywords=alexis+von+croy

My father, who was a pilot too, was aware of my fascination for the Moon landings, so he gave me the Moon Watch for Christmas 2009. I’ve worn it every single day since then!

Sign in to add your message