Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Using boring old flight planning tools

… enables you to generate fun stuff like this (2004-2015)

The above is Eurocontrol IFR. It doesn’t include VFR flights, like this or this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You are definitely missing out on Scotland, Portugal, Scandinavia.

Even more so Poland and the Baltics.

Oh, and too little of Italy

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What’s with the South West of England? Does it have a contagious disease or do you have “there be dragons” printed on your charts??? ;-)

EDL*, Germany

VFR trips (perhaps 50% of my flying time) are missing. Intra-UK stuff I do VFR, or “ad-hoc” IFR. See the two links in my original post. I have done loads of SW UK e.g. Henstridge, C/Abbas, Exeter, Plymouth, Bodmin, Eaglescott, Scillies, Perranporth, Newquay, Bristol, Cardiff, even Heywood Farm with its 8" grass

VFR trips are in Navbox but you can’t load more than one route into that at a time.

Also the 2014 Bergerac-Lucca flight is not shown.

I planned Crete-Constanta-Odessa-Slovakia a while ago but now there is no avgas down by the Black Sea.

I planned Poland a while ago too but the people I was going to see saw their business (an aviation mag I used to contribute to) go bust.

Italy, I have done Lucca, Elba, Padova, Trieste, Caglieri, Albenga, probably some others. There isn’t much avgas down there, unless you can do an “arrangement” with a club which has it only for its own use, and for that you need to speak good Italian, as I believe you do

Administrator

Pure inspiration, Peter

Ever thought about an atlantic crossing?

EDAV, Germany

No – 35+ hours in the air, wearing a drysuit, and then you have to fly all the way back

Administrator

Okay, I see. And on both ends you will not be greeted with > 30 °C and girls in Bikinis serving you Caipis

EDAV, Germany

Damn… my incentive formula is out

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message