Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

we don’t see eye to eye at all, let’s kick that can down the road.

Unlikely, since the EU had earlier published a fallback position, under which they recognise professional pilot licenses, and certification, for some time period, to protect airline operations.

You can never have too many licences…

Indeed; the FAA ones are priceless!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Presumably the UK requirements for ADF DME astrolabe LF four range mystic meg horoscope etc for filing IFR come into force again :)

I laughed at this, thank you :)

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

@Medewok you are also allowed three peeks at the IFR GPS (holy veil supplied) before you are unceremoniously instructed to leave CAS by descent. Bonus points if this occurs so you exit within 2nn of some medieval maze of local interest defined CAS with a couple of disused restricted airspace on either side.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Presumably the UK requirements for ADF DME astrolabe LF four range mystic meg horoscope etc for filing IFR come into force again :)

@RobertL18C That reminded me to check if they’ve changed GEN 1.5 local copy and they did!

EGTR

The only to enforce DME & ADF equipments is to have CAS limits based on NDB radials & DME distances, at least if one busts CAS they can claim it was because of convective activity, dipping errors or slant distance when using QFE/RPS at 2500ft QNH

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the past I have flown from the UK to Poitier for customs Imigration and fuel stop, email the PPR24 hr before – no confirmation from LFBI, landed and departed without any one carrying out a check, do you think this will change now? Should I get confirmation of myPPR? Going forward?

[ @rob post moved to existing thread ]

If you search the EuroGA airports database for LFBI and check the AIP you see

and after 31 Dec 2020 you need both Customs and Immigration.

Administrator

Brexit deal text (the 1246 pages) has finally been published here:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/draft_eu-uk_trade_and_cooperation_agreement.pdf

linked from https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_20_2531

As far as I can tell so far, there are 25 pages related to aviation.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, I was just wondering what you do if no one turns up as in the past, will this be more of a issue after Brexit?

No; for a G-reg and UK pilot papers, nothing changes because the UK is not in the EU, apart from needing Customs as well as (as before) Immigration. Many airports on the mainland have Immigration but not Customs.

Well, you need a visitor visa to stay past 90 out of each 180 days.

You may get some individual being p1ssed off over brexit; that’s normal all over social media and may spill out into “real life”.

Brexit deal text (the 1246 pages) has finally been published here:

I am still reading that bit; relevant to GA stuff is page 241 – 242. The details have apparently not been agreed and there is just a willingness to do so. With pilot licensing being tied to the fishing deal, this is not surprising

Administrator
Sign in to add your message