Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

Just heard back from UK Border Force: no known change to GAR notice periods.

Interesting, and positive, if this is set to continue.

Politically, this would be a smart move from “up above” because it doesn’t affect jobs in the police – which is basically why the GAR form system continues. Nobody in power wants to be fighting the police at the same time as CV19; it would be as smart as opening up the Russian front was in WW2

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t see the link between notice period & number of jobs? Surely the notice period is only an extra the pilot side of things but I do expect it to stay as it is today (or at least few years) simply due to institutional inertia…

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Dec 15:24
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Sure; my comment was to do with any changes being potentially perceived as a threat. Even making it stricter e.g. 24hrs for all GA flights, would reduce GA foreign traffic greatly and would create pressure for the abolition of some police posts. So they are likely to be happiest not changing anything.

We have a similar thing with the Post Office online postage system – the OBA which basically replaced the goode olde franking machines, which everybody hated except those running the service contracts The options on that still show stuff like EU and non-EU, which while obviously technically valid (the countries still exist ) make no sense for the purpose of pricing differentials. But maybe the post office really has done a deal with the other post offices to just carry on as before…

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This is from the govt website on the situation, current for years, and until 31 Dec 2020

Is this the proposed new allowance ?

Might be. But with this lot

I would be more worried about w&b

Administrator

Ibra wrote:

going for a GA Eurotrip for more than 6months is lot more than my budget anyway….

No “work from home” for you, eh? ;)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I used all my 90days allowance, how about you ;)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We are literally forbidden from coming into the office, key cards disabled and all that. No estimates as to when we’ll be allowed to return to the office, and no indication if the working from home will be allowed to continue. I really hope it continues as an option forever. The company even sent us all gift baskets just before the holidays, in lieu of the usual parties :)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

A more detailed reply from Border Force re the GAR.

Very clear this time: no intention to change the notice periods.

Administrator

Paragraph 5 is particularly interesting to say the least.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message