Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

Only hours left now. I’m wondering what to say. Should I say good buy, or should I say welcome to the dark side

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Spoken by a Norwegian, the latter would be technically correct

Paragraph 5 is particularly interesting to say the least.

You mean they left out the Ireland case?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From my understanding, as an EU national I will still be able to travel to the UK as before, with 4h PNR via the GAR, and I can stay up to 90 days visa free?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Yes.

Or go illegal and then you can stay for ever

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You can stay for up to 6 months, and there is no specific maximum number of days a year you can stay provided you genuinely leave after each visit and don’t live in the UK (in the opinion of the immigration officer, the exact wording of the guidance is “will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent and successive visits” AND “is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted” i.e., tourism, short term study etc)

So a bit more generous than what is available the other way round

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

You can stay for up to 6 months, and there is no specific maximum number of days a year you can stay provided you genuinely leave after each visit and don’t live in the UK (in the opinion of the immigration officer, the exact wording of the guidance is “will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent and successive visits” AND “is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted” i.e., tourism, short term study etc)

So a bit more generous than what is available the other way round

Where is this extract from please?

You mean they left out the Ireland case?

No. I mean that paragraph 5, if I’m reading it correctly, says that you don’t have to give the names, address, passport details etc, for any eu or Swiss citizens onboard. You just have to supply the number of people onboard.

Apparently we’ve being given this info unnecessarily.

The Irish case is a matter for the terrorism act.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

No. I mean that paragraph 5, if I’m reading it correctly, says that you don’t have to give the names, address, passport details etc, for any eu or Swiss citizens onboard.

No, it says you don’t have to give the information if you don’t already have it. Which I understand that, if you have it, you must give it, except on yourself. So e.g. if your wife or child is with you, I would find it difficult to say that you don’t have their information… so you must give the info.

ELLX

Why does a private aircraft or boat have a lesser allowance on duty free than does a commercial operation? Anyone care to take a guess?

UK, United Kingdom

Fenland_Flyer wrote:

Fenland_Flyer
31-Dec-20 12:44

Why does a private aircraft or boat have a lesser allowance on duty free than does a commercial operation? Anyone care to take a guess?

Proabably to take into account the percentage of goods smuggled through, so it all evens out.

I recall the day when boats crossed the channel and brought “stuff” back by the truck load, probably less than 1 in 10 was checked, and usually by the time Customs turned up the gear was long gone.

Airports and even grass strips are one thing, but all the little harbours and ports are quite another, especially given the differences in volume between an aircraft and even a small boat.

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 31 Dec 12:59
Sign in to add your message