Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA? (merged)

Well, for starters it’ll put the ‘third runway’ at LHR discussion to rest, as this won’t be needed anymore.

When the referendum was held in Scotlad to try and gain independance it was known that the UK would have a vote on leaving/staying in the EU. In the full knowledge of that the Scottish people (not the elite politicos) decided to stay with the UK. Now when it seems that they will lose money (despite the vast amounts they get more than any other region from the English taxpayers) they want to stay with the EU. Isn’t life wonderful when you just might be able to choose who you get into bed with depending on the amount of largesse possibly available.
I think all UK regions should be treated equally and the Barnett formula scrapped immediately.

Last Edited by Fenland_Flyer at 24 Jun 19:07
UK, United Kingdom

So, X lives in London, owns a G reg aircraft, VAT paid in France and in free circulation.
The UK leaves the EU.
X wants to sell the aircraft and Y in Frankfurt wants to buy.

Will VAT has to be repaid in Germany?

So, X lives in London, owns a G reg aircraft, VAT paid in France and in free circulation.
The UK leaves the EU.
X wants to sell the aircraft and Y in Frankfurt wants to buy.

Will VAT has to be repaid in Germany?

The answer is no, it’s still in free circulation (provided you can document it of course. Tax authorities spend your money so quickly that it leaves no trace with them.)

BTW, Spain will likely block any attempt by Scotland to join the EU, should Scotland leave the UK.

So I doubt we will ever face the issues mentioned earlier, with Customs needed for flights between England+Wales and Scotland.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I fear our esteemed alumni of the Bullingdon Club (you couldn’t make this up), should have spent more time at Science class before discovering that the second law of thermodynamics may also apply to politics.

Hopefully not too off thread as vaguely linked to propulsion theory.

Enstone (EGTN), Oxford (EGTK)

Perhaps we need to organise a “Going away Flyin” for the UK

EIWT Weston

This is a quote from the class rating revalidation thread, but I thought it fits in here better:

Tumbleweed wrote:

Even the CAA do not seem to understand that the Aircrew Regulation comes from the EU Commission, not EASA!

Not surprising then, that the number 2 top trending search term on Google UK after the publication of the referendum results was “What is the EU”?

That’s NOT what the link says.

It purports that “What is the EU?” is the second “Top questions on the European Union in the UK since Brexit result”.

A bit of a difference from “the number 2 top trending search term on Google UK after the publication of the referendum results”

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 25 Jun 11:16
EIWT Weston

Jacko wrote:

Actually, 62% of 67% of the Scottish electorate voted “remain”, i.e. about 41%. The other 59% of us voted leave or couldn’t give a damn.

That’s certainly one way of putting it. Another one, equally valid, would be to say that about 26% of the Scottish electorate voted “leave”. The other 74% of you voted “remain” or couldn’t give a damn.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message

Back to Top