Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Terrorism and Govts

Couldnt agree with you more Rwy 20. Especially this statement:

Rwy20 wrote:

The only way why GA is vulnerable (there I agree with you) is because GA pilots are a small minority that is not very popular in the general population, so it is an easy target to pick on if you want to be seen doing “something” as a politician without offending a lot of people.

Joseph Stack who flew a Cherokee into a Govt tax office building. Certainly not much damage compared to the Oklahoma bomber.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/12005941/small-plane-crashes-into-texas-building-housing-irs

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/remember-when-andrew-joseph-stack-flew-a-plane-into-a-texas-irs-building/275887/

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

Well, it does depend on whether the boom-bust in Iceland had “Crime” elements. You bet it did. Otherwise, nobody in Iceland made money out of all the people who lost money? It was criminal from top to bottom.

If you acknowledge that the Banking crime events occurred with Icland than you are acknowledging that crimes were also committed by other banks as in English banks as well because they took part in the fleecing of the worlds citizenry. But what is worse those same govts US British and German to name the big ones bailed out the criminals allowed them Bonuses yet at the same time demanded austerity from the populace. How much pain and suffering were caused by these bank without any detriment to them. I think the fact that Iceland refused to play ball with the banks their govt should be commended. Also if memory serves me right they did put some of the Bankers in jail.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/10/24/if-iceland-can-jail-bankers-for-the-crash-then-why-cant-america/

You need only to look at Greece Greek Politicians($$$) + Goldman Sachs($$)= Greek Austerity (today).

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

So do we ban all trucks?

No, but the EU wants you to be able to buy nail polish remover (acetone) and fertilizer (ammonium nitrate) only after showing your passport

LSZK, Switzerland

C210_Flyer wrote:

Joseph Stack who flew a Cherokee into a Govt tax office building. Certainly not much damage compared to the Oklahoma bomber.

Didn’t even know about that nutcase. Most disturbing, but luckily they chose the Tea Party and not the general pilot population as a group to take their revenge on. ;-(

Peter wrote:

In the present climate we are IMHO doing well to not see some draconian stuff. Let’s hope it lasts…

It´s bad enough what we are facing. At the moment, GA is out of the focus there because current terrorism has been conducted by different methods. Which, I am sure, the terror organisations have found out to be more effective. Should they, God beware, decide to start using GA for whatever means within Terrorism, in today´s mindset GA will be history before we all know it.

After 9-11 the aviation security for airliners in the US finally became what it should have been before, of course augmented by a lot of “we are doing something” and “now we can get away with it, so let´s do it” legislation. So airliners have become much more difficult to misuse. At the same time, the current terror gangs have figured out that their long proven methods they used in Israel and elsewhere of unfolding terror directly in the hearts of the cities with bombs and attacks aka Paris, Madrid or London, are in the end much more effective and a lot cheaper. 9-11 required quite a bit of prior planning and preparation, while a Paris style attack is much easier to accomplish and, thanks to our politicians, much more effective.

Terrorism always aims to terrorize, to instill fear and to force the enemy into action. One aspect of that will always be that the terrorized target population will suffer restrictions to their lifes as a consequence. So all the actionism after Paris, particularly the shut downs in Brussels and likewise, are clear victories for the terrorists. By now they don´t even need actual attacks, the fear of them is enough to paralyze whole cities, one guy with a gun can paralyze a whole country (Tunisia…). And when that stops, they will pack a few backpacks and start the cycle again.

Many of our governments have actually exploited the terrorist threat to implement long desired but unpopular measures. What bugs me is that by doing that, they did what the perpetrators actually wanted: They changed our society, made it less free and more vulnerable. So in more than one way, government are working in an unholy alliance with terror organisations.

I still have huge respect for the way Germany dealt with it´s own crisis in the 1970/80ties. The RAF Terror was a huge threat to society, yet it emerged stronger from it. But people like Helmut Schmidt are very rare indeed amongst politicians.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

TSA in the US is a joke. Just six months ago TSA failed miserably in extensive testing of their processes. The only thing TSA does well is shaking down elderly women and taking X-Ray pictures of the public…some are adept at stealing goods from the luggage they search…

TSA Fails 95 Percent Of Airport Security Tests http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/01/tsa-fails-95-percent-tests-homeland-security_n_7485558.html

Last Edited by USFlyer at 03 Jan 17:06

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Many of our governments have actually exploited the terrorist threat to implement long desired but unpopular measures. What bugs me is that by doing that, they did what the perpetrators actually wanted: They changed our society, made it less free and more vulnerable. So in more than one way, government are working in an unholy alliance with terror organisations.

An unholy alliance indeed; did Western Governments in fact create the terrorists they now claim to be protecting us from?

BBC documentary from 2004: The Power of Nightmares, Episode 1: The Rise of the Politics of Fear

EGTT, The London FIR

Here is a message correlating Schengen,Terrorism,EU visionaries and future GA.
-Being a witness of raft arrivals of 500 various desperates daily (40% war fugitives and 60% economic wanderers from Somalia,Iran,Ghana,Nigeria,Pakistan),I can say that they ALL declare their will to migrate mostly to Germany. And I have a multiple question for our German friends in this blog,because despite our GR inefficiencies,lack of programming,lack of funds,overstressed local population and a gvt that wanders between humanism,Internationalism and local discontent. Here we are :
1/In the proccess of showing off a human face ,they flashed the green light ?
2/Does it have to do with WW2 herittage reconsrtruction ?
3/Was it just a political misshap of Mrs Angela ?
4/Is there any great demand of cheapo workers ?
Before being attacked,I declare that I admire and respect Germany.

LGGG

Please keep this thread very neutral. We tend to get complaints and then David or I may have to delete a load of stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sign in to add your message