Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Poll : which country has 2 LPRs (regular + IFR)

On a different note that the discussions we had in the past on LPR / LPE here and here I was curious to see which country actually use distinct LPR for IFR and non-IFR proficiencies (i.e. for PART FCL 055d and 055e) ?

I know France does, and from what I have seen Luxembourg does not.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

It looks like Norway does not make the VFR/IFR distinction for LP. When I got my EASA IR I kept my previous LPE (level 6 )

Last Edited by Aviathor at 15 Mar 15:07
LFPT, LFPN

Sweden does not make the distinction.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

IIRC in the Czech Republic there are actually three English exams. First one is at the telecommunications authority to get a radiotelephony operator’s licence (there is a limited version that doesn’t require English). AFAIK this doesn’t satisfy anything as far as Part-FCL is concerned. Second one is meant to satisfy FCL.055(a). And third one is meant to satisfy FCL.055(d) and is built upon the second one so it satisfies FCL.055(a) as well. It’s recommended for everyone (that means even VFR-only folk) to do the full monty (take the third instead of the second).

So it’s not VFR and IFR, it’s VFR and VFR+IFR (or general and general+IR). I’m not aware of any crediting.

Last Edited by Martin at 15 Mar 16:50

No distinction in Hungary.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

No LP distinction between VFR and IFR in Switzerland.

LSZK, Switzerland

In Poland I’ve been asked if I want the VFR or IFR test, as it turned out both give the same LP entry in the license, the distinction is more of a “how would you rather be tested”.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

No distinction in Ireland.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message